VSG revision to DS questions

Adding the switch to an existing sleeve is easy peasy. (The VSG was the tough part for me.) After 4 nights in the hospital you will be feeling pretty good. I chose to add two days in San Diego mostly for fear I would have some complication or delay and miss my flight. I flew from San Diego back east with a plane change at ORD. As soon as my plane landed, ORD was closed for 5 hours due to high winds. The United Club closest to the gate was closed for remodeling. Although my husband did not travel out to MX with me, only met me after my return to San Diego, I was glad he was there for wrangling the problem of getting on another flight and finding the other United Club as I was brain-dead exhausted and couldn't formulate a coherent sentence.

As for "bowel issues"... You won't have had food for 2 weeks by then. (Something has to go in to come out.) I had a teeny tiny weird poop 5 days post-op, then didn't poop again for another 5 days.

PS: Fly back first class for the larger, more comfortable seat and the slight possibility that the flight attendant may pay more attention to you.

Thanks so very much everyone. The info and support here is absolutely great and the first hand experience with Mexicali Bariatric Center and Dr. Esquerra gives me a lot of reassurance. I have a couple of follow up questions. I have been taking a number of vitamins since my VSG and for the past year or so find I am nauseous for an hour or so after taking them. I have tried different brands, eliminating some, etc. but still experience the nausea. I also have GERD. I know that taking the required vitamins is essential after the DS. Has anyone had this experience with nausea from vitamins? Would the GERD and nausea (I take a PPI) be an impediment to having the DS given the vitamin requirements? Also, is the vitamin regime prescribed by the surgeon (Dr. Esquerra) or does it differ person to person at the beginning and get adjusted according to lab results. The vitamins I take now are just the off the shelf drugstore variety. Your help and responses are greatly appreciated.

Most vitamins should not cause nausea. They don't have any impact to me like that. That being said, I know iron can cause nausea and some get iron infusions because of that. Are you taking iron? If so it is probably the culprit. Figure out which one it is be eliminating one at a time to see if you can determine an offender.

GERD - will not change at all since you already have a sleeve.

Vitamin regimen, don't listen to the Dr listen to this board. Go to the vitamin board on this site and look for the vitalady recommended DS regimen. You don't need to buy from her but that is a great starting point and then yes, you will adjust ON YOUR OWN WITHOUT A DR, based on your labs. You have to control your nutritional and vitamin/supplemental needs.

Most vitamins should not cause nausea. They don't have any impact to me like that. That being said, I know iron can cause nausea and some get iron infusions because of that. Are you taking iron? If so it is probably the culprit. Figure out which one it is be eliminating one at a time to see if you can determine an offender.

GERD - will not change at all since you already have a sleeve.

Vitamin regimen, don't listen to the Dr listen to this board. Go to the vitamin board on this site and look for the vitalady recommended DS regimen. You don't need to buy from her but that is a great starting point and then yes, you will adjust ON YOUR OWN WITHOUT A DR, based on your labs. You have to control your nutritional and vitamin/supplemental needs.

Thanks for the advice and pointing me to the Vitamin board.....I'll do more reading and research there and to VitaLady as well.

She mentioned she was self-pay. I know Rapkin is something like $32,000. I'm sure Kesheshian is up there, too. Great doctors, but I think she'll likely get the same results with Esquerra.
I believe dr Keshisian is $24k.

Latest posts

Back