Vitamin Rebellion

Onelastshot

My body IS NOT handling these vitamins well at all. I take the vitalady DS prepackaged set (33 total pills per day). Every single time I take a dose of the pills, I am in the bathroom for 1.5 hours (that's 4 times a day!). And yes, I know it is TMI, but it is to the point that my body is simply purging water-- no color, no waster, just water. Just as my body starts to calm down and feel better, it is about time for the next round of pills. And it happens no matter what pills I take, so I can't even narrow it down to a single pill that is bothering me. If I don't take the vitamins, I am totally fine. I am calling my surgeon today but wondered if anyone else experienced this. I am trying to be compliant bc I know it is absolutely necessary, but I can't function like this, and certainly not when I head back to work. Thoughts?

My body IS NOT handling these vitamins well at all. I take the vitalady DS prepackaged set (33 total pills per day). Every single time I take a dose of the pills, I am in the bathroom for 1.5 hours (that's 4 times a day!). And yes, I know it is TMI, but it is to the point that my body is simply purging water-- no color, no waster, just water. Just as my body starts to calm down and feel better, it is about time for the next round of pills. And it happens no matter what pills I take, so I can't even narrow it down to a single pill that is bothering me. If I don't take the vitamins, I am totally fine. I am calling my surgeon today but wondered if anyone else experienced this. I am trying to be compliant bc I know it is absolutely necessary, but I can't function like this, and certainly not when I head back to work. Thoughts?

Start slower with the supplements. You might start with the 2 multi's and calcium and check for tolerance. Work up to the full schedule of supplements over the next several weeks.

It can take 6-8 weeks to work up to the full amount of vitamins. Cut back to the multi and the d for the next 3-4 days. Then add calcium, keep adding over the next 3-4 weeks til you get to the full amount. The first month your ONLY focus is hydration and healing.

I got diarrhea from the iron she recommends. I switched to Ferrochel Iron Chelate, but later switched it to (expensive) Proferrin Heme.

The magnesium she recommends (also can cause diarrhea) was too much for me too. My labs showed Magnesium high as well. I'm down to one tab a day.

I got diarrhea from the iron she recommends. I switched to Ferrochel Iron Chelate, but later switched it to (expensive) Proferrin Heme.

The magnesium she recommends (also can cause diarrhea) was too much for me too. My labs showed Magnesium high as well. I'm down to one tab a day.

I bought her RNY pre-packaged supplements back in the day and vomited just from the smell. I knew better with the DS to avoid those packages and to start slowly.

Latest posts

Back