Vitamin Levels

Psychomom

Since I'm new to this, what should my vitamin levels be? I know that what a DS patient needs and what the doctor says is acceptable may or may not be the same, but I need a ball park figure to aim for. I'd really appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Since I'm new to this, what should my vitamin levels be? I know that what a DS patient needs and what the doctor says is acceptable may or may not be the same, but I need a ball park figure to aim for. I'd really appreciate any advice. Thanks!
Most of your levels need to be mid to high normal. D as close to 100 as possible. B12 can be over normal and still not be an issue but at least 500.
TWO exceptions. B6 needs to be as low normal as possible.
And PTH needs to be as close to the bottom of 15 as possible.

Most of your levels need to be mid to high normal. D as close to 100 as possible. B12 can be over normal and still not be an issue but at least 500.
TWO exceptions. B6 needs to be as low normal as possible.
Thank you so much.

Mine is at 36. Any suggestions as to how I should lower it? And just out of curiosity, if it only took 3 months for me to get low in Iron and out of 'safe' range on some of my labs, how often should I be looking for labs to be drawn now?
I only ask because Boyce's office will only draw every 6 months and I'm not due for another visit until April at my 1 yr mark. And my PCP CAN and most likely WILL do it if I ask.

I'm just not feeling great. Very lethargic and fuzzy brained at work with difficulty in focusing or staying with details. It's really only something I can describe as "kind of vaguely not right feeling".

Mine is at 36. Any suggestions as to how I should lower it? And just out of curiosity, if it only took 3 months for me to get low in Iron and out of 'safe' range on some of my labs, how often should I be looking for labs to be drawn now?
I only ask because Boyce's office will only draw every 6 months and I'm not due for another visit until April at my 1 yr mark. And my PCP CAN and most likely WILL do it if I ask.

I'm just not feeling great. Very lethargic and fuzzy brained at work with difficulty in focusing or staying with details. It's really only something I can describe as "kind of vaguely not right feeling".
What is your D level? To lower your PTH, raise your D.

My D is 112 (yes, it's over normal but dropping just one dose a week raises my PTH to mid normal). My PTH is 19.

I haven't seen Boyce since Jan 2013 (was 2 years out). My PCP pulls all my labs every 6 months.

@southernlady my D level was at 65 as of September. I'm sure it needs to be checked along with everything else ASAP. I guess I need to just harass my PCP for another round of labs

@southernlady my D level was at 65 as of September. I'm sure it needs to be checked along with everything else ASAP. I guess I need to just harass my PCP for another round of labs
Have you changed the amount of D you are taking since the last read where you came in at 65? How much do you currently take daily? If your are at 50K I would go to at least 100K. If 100K I would double it as well.

@DSRIGGS I am at 50k every other day right now. I was trying to hold off until my next labs to make any adjustments, but wasn't sure when that could happen. I need to get my PCP on it I suppose. I just know that I'm feeling pretty drug out. Boyce has me on the Iron/C but it only took 3 months for my levels to drop. it's been another 3 months so who knows what's changed.

@DSRIGGS I am at 50k every other day right now. I was trying to hold off until my next labs to make any adjustments, but wasn't sure when that could happen. I need to get my PCP on it I suppose. I just know that I'm feeling pretty drug out. Boyce has me on the Iron/C but it only took 3 months for my levels to drop. it's been another 3 months so who knows what's changed.
Do you mean you need to get to PCP so he/she can order labs or are you looking for them to tell you what to do with vitamins? Most PCP's don't fully comprehend our vitamin and food needs so you are going to get your best advice in that regard from Veterans on this board. You just need a PCP to order proper DS labs. I would strongly advise that at a minimum you should start taking at least 50K of Dry D3 everyday.

What are your readings for:
A
E
K
Zinc
Copper
Iron Panel

My levels are in a good place as of last labs in September EXCEPT the Iron. They put me on Ferro C 2x daily. I don't know if it's helping any. But to answer you, I just need my PCP to order/draw my labs. She has a little experience but not as much as I'd like. She is really trying to be proactive and learn as we go, but I get hard copies of everything to go over with a fine tooth comb.
I just don't want to wait until April to find out what's gone South. I KNOW I'M NOT FEELING RIGHT.

Latest posts

Back