Vitamin K issue - UPDATED!

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Just got my newest set of labs...no real surprises EXCEPT for my vitamin K.

Lab range is .28 - 1.78
Jan 2014, my K was .28 So I added an extra BioTech Dry K 1000 to my daily amount. That meant I was taking 2000 a day not 1000.
Aug 2014, my K was 1.43
Feb 2015, he forgot to test the K
Aug 2015, my K is .15 and I am STILL taking 2 a day of the BioTech. Started three this week daily.

Question, what could cause a severe drop in K with NO change in amount?

Someone on FB suggested it was a lab error...as in improper handling. Even tho I went to the LabCorp location itself and not to my doctor's lab.

I had issues with K until I ate collards almost every day, a cup or so, for a couple of months before my K finally registered on the scale. Sometimes ...

My vitamin k was 0.04 last draw. I was not taking any and started on 100 mg a month ago then saw somebody say they were takiny1,000 daily so I switched to that a week or so ago... So hoping to see better results... So not sure about your k historical dosing but I am very interested in getting mine up.. Hope yours comes up as well

What is the dose of your two a day biotech?
Total dose is 2,000 mcg. Based on my PTT/INR, which is 1.0 in a range of .8 to 1.2, I am about convinced it was a lab error. I will ask to be retested tho. And I do get tested every 6 months. So my next round will be Feb anyway.

Latest posts

Back