Vitamin Daze!

Munchkin

Full of Fairy Dust
$800 worth of vitamins delivered to my house from the UPS man. It took me 2 days to get them all sorted out and put away correctly. I try to order every April before it gets hot here. This year I missed it and hit May. Three big boxes!

I sorted everything and arranged it so I would use the oldest stuff first. The vitamin cabinet is full again. One thing I do is combine bottles of things like K. The pills are tiny and they are in a bottle 4 times too big. So I put three more bottles worth in one. Saves a lot of space. I was able to get rid of about 30 bottles. I have big bottles I saved from Costco for calcium and multis. I just load them all up.

Then I get out the ladder and start loading at the top of the cabinet. I put the stuff on top that I won't need often and work my way down. The stuff on the bottom shelf is what's currently in use. Once a week it takes me about 10 minutes to load up my daily containers for morning and evening.

Makes me feel good to see that cabinet all loaded up!

i keep my 1-1.5 month supply of vitamins in their bottles in one spot. It takes me 30 seconds to get out the pills I need and take them. I guess this is just the difference between the way two different people look at things.

$800 worth of vitamins delivered to my house from the UPS man. It took me 2 days to get them all sorted out and put away correctly. I try to order every April before it gets hot here. This year I missed it and hit May. Three big boxes!

I sorted everything and arranged it so I would use the oldest stuff first. The vitamin cabinet is full again. One thing I do is combine bottles of things like K. The pills are tiny and they are in a bottle 4 times too big. So I put three more bottles worth in one. Saves a lot of space. I was able to get rid of about 30 bottles. I have big bottles I saved from Costco for calcium and multis. I just load them all up.

Then I get out the ladder and start loading at the top of the cabinet. I put the stuff on top that I won't need often and work my way down. The stuff on the bottom shelf is what's currently in use. Once a week it takes me about 10 minutes to load up my daily containers for morning and evening.

Makes me feel good to see that cabinet all loaded up!
It drives me crazy how they make the bottles so much larger than necessary. I am always consolidating two bottles into one, if not from the beginning, very soon after using a few.

@Munchkin well darn how would you know if you ever had deficiencies if you supplement really well? When you stated in another post you have never had any problems with deficits I assumed that meant you didn't have to do a ton of vitamins and your Labs were good. It never crossed my mind that you supplemented really good

Well, while we don't order once a year, we do have a cabinet for ours. Current stash is in a basket between us in the living room (I despise the Med Center or other pill containers), The rest are arranged so the oldest goes to the back of the shelf and newest up front.

Well, while we don't order once a year, we do have a cabinet for ours. Current stash is in a basket between us in the living room (I despise the Med Center or other pill containers), The rest are arranged so the oldest goes to the back of the shelf and newest up front.
I drive my wife nuts. I have an area right in between the stove and the refrigerator where on the counter I put my keys, wallet, watch and all my vitamin bottles. That way it is right there in the morning when I am getting ready to head out the door. It is too much of a pain in the ass for me to load up those pill organizer things and all of them don't fit into the morning thing anyway.

i keep my 1-1.5 month supply of vitamins in their bottles in one spot. It takes me 30 seconds to get out the pills I need and take them. I guess this is just the difference between the way two different people look at things.

True! I like to get them here and paid for before it gets hot and I have to turn on the AC. Before I have astronomical electric bills monthly!

@Munchkin well darn how would you know if you ever had deficiencies if you supplement really well? When you stated in another post you have never had any problems with deficits I assumed that meant you didn't have to do a ton of vitamins and your Labs were good. It never crossed my mind that you supplemented really good
I have always taken vites. Even before I had the DS. I do supplement well! But a lot of people with deficiencies supplement well too. They just don't absorb enough of what they are taking!

I have always taken vites. Even before I had the DS. I do supplement well! But a lot of people with deficiencies supplement well too. They just don't absorb enough of what they are taking!
That would be me:

D - 200K IU daily - and injection back in August - Down to 41 so time for another injection
A - 100K IU daily (Was up to 200K) but couldn't get in range so I had an injection a couple months ago - Up to 48, but down to 40...time for another shot
E - 1,200 mg daily - all the way up to a whopping 7.1......probably going to 1,600 mg daily
K - 4,000 mcg daily - 0.09 which is up from 0.05 but still out of range - I added another 2,000 mcg today
PTH - is up to 57 - timed for D injection
Copper - 6 mg daily - Got to 0.84 (barely in range) for a second and then back to 0.8
Zinc - 300 mg daily - jumped to .77 this month...basically copper and zinc stay in that range and flip flop - Really don't know what to do with the C & Z
Albumin - 4.0 - Not bad in range
Protein - 6.0 - 0.3 below range
H & H - little better this month but still mildly anemic 36% and 11.9...was 30% and 10
Platelets - 147 - min ref range is 140
RBC - have been below range for a year - bounce from 3.25 to 3.75

I still just don't absorb enough of pretty much anything other than Iron (don't take any) and calcium.

This is really depressing when I look at it. I am no longer having to take 400K IU of CREON daily, haven't taken a singe pill since my revision, and I have gained weight (Scale said 186 this morning and at revision I was 170). Yet I can't get my labs up even though I take enough to kill most people, and I still feel weak as heck. I am going to have to have a good discussion with Ara as soon as I get out for my hernia and see if he has some ideas for getting me over the hump. He can infuse the shit out of me while out there if that will help..

Sorry for this post Munchkin. I don't want to hijack this thread so if we need to move it we can ask Liz to do so tomorrow.

That would be me:

D - 200K IU daily - and injection back in August - Down to 41 so time for another injection
A - 100K IU daily (Was up to 200K) but couldn't get in range so I had an injection a couple months ago - Up to 48, but down to 40...time for another shot
E - 1,200 mg daily - all the way up to a whopping 7.1......probably going to 1,600 mg daily
K - 4,000 mcg daily - 0.09 which is up from 0.05 but still out of range - I added another 2,000 mcg today
PTH - is up to 57 - timed for D injection
Copper - 6 mg daily - Got to 0.84 (barely in range) for a second and then back to 0.8
Zinc - 300 mg daily - jumped to .77 this month...basically copper and zinc stay in that range and flip flop - Really don't know what to do with the C & Z
Albumin - 4.0 - Not bad in range
Protein - 6.0 - 0.3 below range
H & H - little better this month but still mildly anemic 36% and 11.9...was 30% and 10
Platelets - 147 - min ref range is 140
RBC - have been below range for a year - bounce from 3.25 to 3.75

I still just don't absorb enough of pretty much anything other than Iron (don't take any) and calcium.

This is really depressing when I look at it. I am no longer having to take 400K IU of CREON daily, haven't taken a singe pill since my revision, and I have gained weight (Scale said 186 this morning and at revision I was 170). Yet I can't get my labs up even though I take enough to kill most people, and I still feel weak as heck. I am going to have to have a good discussion with Ara as soon as I get out for my hernia and see if he has some ideas for getting me over the hump. He can infuse the shit out of me while out there if that will help..

Sorry for this post Munchkin. I don't want to hijack this thread so if we need to move it we can ask Liz to do so tomorrow.
No worries! Post away!

Latest posts

Back