Vets rocked my D!

Bagaof4

A year ago I was taking 3- 50,000 IU of D every day. Six months ago my D came back at 53. From the experience and knowledge on this board, I learned to separate my calcium from all my other vites and then I cut my D back to 2-50,000 IU per day. I am thrilled to see my D just came in at 79! :danc: Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!

Well I couldn't be happier for you that is great results. I am confused though because I thought we where suppose to take are vitamins as Vita Lady has them scheduled. I thought calcium and zinc where to be taken together.
Barb

That is what I did the first year, then my levels were dropping for some vites (D and Zinc in particular). I read here that Calcium is a "bully" and will inhibit the absorption of other vitamins when taken together. I believe it was also stated that the schedule I was using (Vitalady's) was developed for the ease of less frequent doses. It probably works well for some, but now I know that does not include me! My Zinc went up as well as my D (and with 50,000 IUs less per day at that!). I now take 6 separate doses throughout the day, but I'm used to it now.

That is what I did the first year, then my levels were dropping for some vites (D and Zinc in particular). I read here that Calcium is a "bully" and will inhibit the absorption of other vitamins when taken together. I believe it was also stated that the schedule I was using (Vitalady's) was developed for the ease of less frequent doses. It probably works well for some, but now I know that does not include me! My Zinc went up as well as my D (and with 50,000 IUs less per day at that!). I now take 6 separate doses throughout the day, but I'm used to it now.

And here I thought Iron was the bully! I will be getting a few labs re-tested in a couple of weeks and I am hoping that the ones that needed to be raised are all getting better. My D wasn't a problem, it was 49. My problems where A, calcium. Pth. iron and protein. I did manage to raise my A from 15 in February and 34 in July.
Barb

Latest posts

Back