update

SJB41976

HI everyone,

I'm on Dr. K's FB page a lot and don't get over here as often.

I am still trucking along with slow weight loss. I've lost close to 60 pounds and it has been 7 months (this was my 3rd surgery). I still lose 10-12 pounds in a matter of days then nothing for weeks. It is really frustrating and I don't understand it, but I've gotten used to it. I still lose inches during the time the scale stands still. I don't get on the scale often.

I am waddling through food issues, as I probably will the rest of my life. But, I'm working through them and that is the important thing. One day at a time. As with food, the mental issues with food I am working through also. The frustration of losing slowly and not being where I want to be. Worrying that I will never get below 200 pounds. The Comparison games. The mind games. Constant work. Choosing to look at how far I have come, NSV's, etc. I am just ready to get past what I had lost with the VSG and get past "I've been here before, here I am again" negativity. not sure if any of that makes sense to ya'll but that what goes on in my head.

I just found out I have a torn meniscus on my right knee. It would have been an easy enough fix but I have significant damage to my cartilage due to arthritis and if they go in and cut the meniscus out (typical scenario) then the damage with increase rapidly and I will be bone on bone. Thankfully, I can do most of my exercises modified without much pain. I just hope it's enough to keep losing inches. I am really disappointed with this current news and predicament.

It's been a rough week personally, too. I have been sick, we had horrible parent-teacher conferences (still reeling from that), and having to make decisions based on P/T conferences. Just really heavy stuff.

So.... there's my update. Sad little me today. lol.

I'm glad to see you here again, and sorry you're having a rough time of it. Stay positive - look how far you've come! No way you could be where you are now if you hadn't had that third surgery, and there would be 60 more lbs on that sore knee.
I am confident that you WILL get below 200 lb. Just don't know when. You have a lot of determination. You will get through this rough patch.

thanks. I just posted some before/after pics on Dr. K's fb page. Not a cry for compliments but just needing some affirmation that, yes, I am heading in the right direction. Just stay the course.

As Southern Lady reminds me, its a journey, not a race. :) and so is life. Take a deep breath and just keep pushing, you get to a down hill slide soon.

I have had all of those things happen over the years, but never all at once! Oh, I am sorry all of these things are landing on you at the same time. Eat as well as you can. One meal at a time. Don't let the scale rule your world!

Sorry things aren't going well right now, though 60 pounds gone *forever* is nothing to shake a stick at. Be proud of you. One step at a time. All the best!

Susan I had to go look because I didn't know you were in that group. You look great and the change is very noticeable.

I know it is hard but you have to let the head games go and not compare your loss to anyone else. You know that revisions lose more slowly but you have lost 60 pounds in 7 months. Almost 9 pounds a month is nothing to sneeze at and you should be proud of that loss. You are in pace to lose 100 lbs within 12 months which is fantastic.

You have to keep telling yourself it is a journey and remember we didn't get morbidly obese overnight and we shouldn't expect to lose it overnight. Chin up. You are doing well and will get below 200.

I understand. There were times I had to avoid the boards completely because they were all losing in a stupendous manner and I wasn't. I was an angry fat girl back then and I still am. I just had to accept all these results are always a bell curve and for everyone who gets to goal effortlessly there is someone else who never gets there. Doesn't make me happy but that's real life. I wish I would have gone to Scott's surgeon!

Sometimes all you can do is your best. Be happy to be headed in the right direction!

I understand. There were times I had to avoid the boards completely because they were all losing in a stupendous manner and I wasn't. I was an angry fat girl back then and I still am. I just had to accept all these results are always a bell curve and for everyone who gets to goal effortlessly there is someone else who never gets there. Doesn't make me happy but that's real life. I wish I would have gone to Scott's surgeon!

Sometimes all you can do is your best. Be happy to be headed in the right direction!

Hugs Munchkin

thanks everyone! This week has been much better. Time has a way of doing that.

My knee is giving me major fits. I think I just overdid it and need to rest, but I can't live like this. I mean, I went to the zoo with my kids...if that's going to immobilize me for a week then we need to repair the minsicus, no matter the risk of increasing the arthritis. I would rather cut out the meniscus and heal and be able to move and deal with the cartilage issue later. I've been doing research and I have a plan to discuss the next time i go to the ortho.

I will have to try and figure out how to post pictures. FB is so much quicker and easier.

Open the FB pic on your computer - not in your feed, the pic itself - and right click and select copy link address (or something like that - it doesn't work on my phone) and then paste the link into the insert image URL media box on BF.

Latest posts

Back