UPDATE: We've lost our minds, WAS we bought a new Travel Trailer!

Update...we took out TT in to be winterized and instead of picking it back up, we traded it in. Didn't lose anything on the trade, actually getting a tad bit of money BACK from paying it off.

Anyway, had decided to switch to a class A and tow my car. However, we managed to find a diesel pusher in our price range with a Spartan Chassis, a Cummings engine and an Allison Transmission. And it has a 330 HP diesel which can tow dh's truck...which can be flat towed. It's a Newmar DutchStar 2001 M-3852 with LESS than 27,000 miles and one owner! No pictures or a link since it NEVER made it to Camping World's web site. I will get pictures as soon as I can. And we paid less than the NADA guide says it's worth. Retail in 2001 dollars was almost 200K.

They still have some things to do...walk thru will be sometime next week.

Told dh THIS one is it...NO more. This one is actually big enough and nice enough, we could go full time in it but we don't have a place to store all the furniture and I can't see 7 cats AND 2 dogs on the road with us so NO, we aren't gonna full time it.

Last edited:
HOLY SHIT - you bought a monster! Once we sell the house, we're going to full time for a year or so, with all three cats. We are going to HAVE to meet up somewhere in our big-ass RVs.

We're going to put our stuff in storage - probably not going to save much of the furniture besides our dining room set and some curio cabinets - we'd been meaning to replace our bedroom furniture for years and just never got around to it. Mostly books and boxes and dishes and pots and pans and the clothes I can't bear to part with for no good reason. And Charles' extensive collection of tools, and some exercise equipment that we can feel guilty for not using.

Our beautiful leather sectional sofa might not fit in a new house, and all the occasional tables are relatively inexpensive things we got from Wayfair. It's probably cheaper and better to not save and have to pay to store them. I'm going to miss the furniture we collected for the courtyard though - but it is SO big and heavy, we should just let it convey with the house. Sigh. But then I get to get new stuff.

HOLY SHIT - you bought a monster! Once we sell the house, we're going to full time for a year or so, with all three cats. We are going to HAVE to meet up somewhere in our big-ass RVs.
Yeah, I know but dh says it DRIVES like a dream. Does have a bit of play in the steering wheel, gonna ask if they can tighten that up a smidgen.

All the ones I CAN find online showing that year/model are backwards to the kitchen and dining area. It has the kitchen on the passenger side and the dining table on the driver side. ALL the ones online show it the exact opposite. We do want to upgrade the TV to a flat screen...cheap enough to do buying one at Costco. It actually has two, one in the bedroom that will also need replacing at some point. We are going to get a Navigation system but it already had a backup camera. We have a full mattress cover that we used in the TT and will just move over until we decide about the mattress. They found out when testing it after they got it that the fridge was dead so we got a new fridge with it. And it came with a washer/dryer combo.

Dh corrected me on the exact model...found another one very close in looks...biggest difference is the sofa...the one we got is leather not fabric. And the recliner is a tad different but other than that, REALLY close: http://www.northtrailrv.com/inventory/newmar/dutch star/mhd/stocknumber/18022

I like the fact that the kitchen FEELS like a real kitchen cause of the L shape of the layout of it.

That looks like a fairly similar layout to the one we have our hearts set on - except ours will have two toilets :)

@southernlady Wow is right! Love it. I have to say I would have to ride in the back I would probably pee my pants in fear riding in the front. When you and @DianaCox meet let me know we will drive and pitch a tent.

Happy trails!
Whit
We went digging for the seat belts in the sofa. They were so dusty, I sat on the floor for most of the test drive.

Dh has already contacted the guy who taught him how to back a trailer to get more class time. He know has to learn how to tow the truck!

We finally pulled the trigger on a new (and not just new to us) Travel Trailer. Heck of a deal cause it was a 2015 that had been on the lot quite awhile. Saved about 10K on it!

Deleted link as it's no longer valid :)

The floorplan is attached. Yes, it's small but considering our last one was 10 ft long and a pop up, we've moved up in the world! And it's just dh and I and two dogs. Altho in Oct when we go to Arlington, etc, we will have my BFF and her 3 year old grandson with us. She's "running away from home".

Our entire rig was only about 22' long...self-contained. A 26' trailer sounds like a mansion.

Latest posts

Back