Update on everything going on with me, And NEED SOME HELP!

Kittykatkris

HEY EVERYONE!! I just wanted to check in and ask a few questions to all the vets.
I am going to do some reading for the next hour while I have one to spare! But figured I would ask too.

First off I am now 147 lbs!
Havent monitored or tried to loose weight just trying to get protein and water first and eat as much as I can to be honest. I dont get much down at once, I do multiple mini meals all day long.
I could always use more protein.
I have HAVE to start working out and toning up cause things are saggy and a lil loose. But all in all I am happy being able to put my clothes on and go OMG now these are too loose I just bought these last week!

I am happy I got the DS and at the same time NOT happy.

ONE MAJOR thing I need help with from the vets is Diarrhea and smelly SMELLY farts.
Its gonna get messy from here on out so I am warning you.
I BARELY ever have a hard stool. It is always loose. I have farts all day every day, but they smell so bad and absorb into my clothes and in the sheets of the bed and its just not good.
I sometimes think its just a fart and well, I wind up having to change my undies. And I am sure you get the gist.
I do NOT eat a lot of oil or fat but at the same time I do not avoid it.

I was wondering what I can do to help this, cause it is really really starting to make me regret the decision for the DS and making life VERY embarrasing. If someone wants to go some where I purposely do not eat or drink anything so it wont be too stressful with not being able to run to the bathroom if I have to. When I gotta go I GOTTA GO, there is no grace period.
I work from home so it is ok while I am home, sometimes I run to the bathroom to make it in time and it just gave me a moments notice.

I REALLY would love any suggestions, information, and experience from you all!

Things you can try. Devrom, it makes farts less stinky. Take an imodium every day. Do a course of flagyl(fish-zole if you don't want to go to the doc for a prescription). Try probiotics. Cut back on carbs and probably cruciferous veggies.

I have always believed diarrhea should be treated. That said, is it really diarrhea or just DS poop? For most it's sort of pudding poop. Not really the squirts but soft formed poop. But what you are describing is not normal. Time will make this easier but I think you should try the above one at a time and see what works for you!

Average day would be:
Eggs for breakfast, or a protein drink like monster muscle.

lunch, Ill have some fruit. Maybe a chicken sandwich or something similar

dinner, steak, rice, veggies.

If I eat out I try to get steak, but I will have potatoes either mashed or baked. I do not skimp on anything like butter.

When I do not cook or have someone cooking for me lol I eat Lean Cuisine or Healthy choice Steamers high in protein ones.
Which happens more then cooking.

I may have something sweet like a sliver of crumb cake or apple turnover but not usually and definitely not everyday.

I honestly do not eat much and I need to start forcing myself to eat more. I just do it as a necessity and dont enjoy eating anymore

It is like soft served ice cream lol swirled in the toilet but SOFT soft soft, sometimes it is water chunks.

and thank you for the info i am going to look into those things immediately

Its half and half, half liquid and the other half of the time soft served poop. But when I have to go I HAVE TO GO, it is like a slight emergency to go to the bathroom quick. Also the farts that turn into accidents. I honestly do not like or want to leave my home because of these issues.

On top of the poop problem you are not eating enough of the right things. Protein for one and that's a biggie. You need to consider not eating anything but protein till you hit 100 gr. Do you like jerky? You can snack on that and add a lot of protein fast. Rice/potatoes/fruit/bread can all wait till you have your protein.

Here are some small things you can change. Instead of just eggs, make it a cheese omelet. Add some bacon or ham too. Instead of a sandwich, eat chicken salad that's mostly chicken with a little lettuce. In other words, more chicken, less bread. Add in 2 snacks a day that are high protein like cubed meat and cheese, HB eggs, jerky, or nuts. Since you have no issues with weight loss, after you get your protein eat pretty much as you please. Just keep in mind it won't stay this good and you will absorb a bit more over time. Shoot for 10% UNDER your goal to accommodate bounceback.

If you want pretty much immediate relief, take the imodium. You can take it every day. I probably had imodium with me for the first year or so postop. I didn't take it often. It was my security blanket! Then start trying the other stuff! If it's so bad you don't want to leave home, start today!

Ok I appreciate the names of the products too! You have no idea. I am going to the store tomorrow and get some of the things you mentioned. I have a back up flagyl from the doctor that was for something else a few months ago maybe I will take that. Also that Devrom you had mentioned because MAN DO THOSE FARTS SMELL!!
I know I do not eat enough and not of protein either, I just do not like eating. Its actually a little upsetting. I never was obsessed or had an unhealthy relationship with food, it was always due to medical conditions that I was heavy and couldnt loose but I at least used to enjoy a second serving of something that I though was amazing. But that does not happen anymore!

I have another question I KNOW I NEED MORE PROTEIN, that being said my blood work shows protein is fine. Now do I have to definitely bust my hump to get it to 100 grams or maybe just get an additional 20 grams from what I currently get?
I get about 40 to 50 grams of protein a day

@Kittykatkris Munchkin definitely has some good ideas about what to eat and how much. No matter what your protein numbers say; you want to eat at least 100 grams/day.

I eat probably 130+ of protein per day and very few carbs, fruits, etc. This keeps me 'going' normally (3-5x day). But I can't recall the last time I worried about an accident or having to run to the bathroom. Plus, my stool is generally soft but sometimes a bit harder. Mostly soft, though. Never liquid like you're describing (unless something isn't quite right).

I also don't fart much except in the evening when I'm at home. Probably bc I eat little to none in the way of carbs for breakfast and/or lunch.

Unfortunately, you need to force yourself to eat protein even when you aren't hungry. When I get upset or anxious (like last weekend) I have no appetite and am in the bathroom (as my anxiety comes out in the toilet). However, I force myself to eat the bare minimum. I treat it like my vits/minerals. I eat the protein and take the vits/minerals. That's it. I force them in even though I have no appetite and the last thing I want to do is eat. I guess you'll have to think of it that way. Just think of it like meds. You have to do it.

Do you take a probiotic?

You shouldn't have to live wondering about the bathroom. Let's get you under control.

Last edited:
What are your blood levels for protein, albumin, and pre-albumin?

If I was you, I would go way way way back to basics. Cut the fruit, rice, and veggies. Protein load. This is your life now - protein consumption is your body's job.

I would NOT take the flagyl until I was sure there was a definite reason (SIBO or diagnosed c diff infection).

How many times per day do you have to go #2?
Do you take fiber - alternately - how much fiber do you get from food?
Do you take oral iron and calcium? How much, when?

Are you lactose intolerant? You may need to drop back and go really basic using a whey isolate and doing "shakes" instead of RTD stuff.

Thanks for all the advice!
I do take vitamins, and calcium I do not take iron at this moment because it was a bit high last time. I throw one in every once in awhile.
I know I have to eat more, and in the way of protein. It just physically turns my stomach sometimes at the thought of eating. I will check my labs when I get a chance and see what the exact numbers were for protein blood levels.

Also I do not know if you all know this about me but my Common Channel is 250 cm! So it is much longer then any on here if not the longest of them. I was thinking about finally trying the chicken protein soup that everyone talks about I never tried it or thought it sounded appetizing but hey to get 20 or more extra protein from a single 8 oz would be great!

I do not take fiber supplements just what I get in food. Like I said I dont eat much but majority of the time it is health choice steamer meals with high protein usually over 20 grams per meal. Sometimes I try to take an extra calcium to harden things up but it doesnt seem to work as much as it should and the gas smell is just too bad that I need to try something besides just calcium or fiber, I just ordered two bottles of devrom. I hope that helps because I will leave my house come back home go into the bedroom and go OH MY GOODNESS what is that smell why does it smell like my farts in here!!

You may need to do a round of Flagyl (an entire prescription, 7 to 10 days worth), and repopulate with (and continue to take consistently) high quality probiotics.

Look if there are any "itols" (mannitol, sorbitol, xylitol) as artificial sweeteners in anything you're consuming, including the protein drinks. Those are DEADLY.

Less carbs, including less fruit. Spinach can KILL me.

Latest posts

Back