Third COVID immunization

Spiky Bugger

I was sitting here, minding my own business (for a change) and the house phone rang. It was a recorded message from the V.A., telling one of us (their messages often include the birthday of the intended recipient; this one didn’t) that a review of our records indicated we are now eligible for our THIRD Moderna injection. Interesting, because we didn’t get our first and second injections at the V.A.

I called for two appointments. She kind of gave me a mini-hard-time about eight months and September 20th and all that. But I gently pushed back, she made our appointments for next Tuesday. The next day, the news said that SIX months, instead of eight, is being considered. Our first shots were Jan 13 and Feb 10. Our “six months” was up in August, so we’re good.

It’s almost like one part of the federal government, the V.A., had a clue about what another part of the federal government, the FDA, was doing. But that would never happen. So it was a miracle.

Glad to hear you are getting yours.

Thanks to my IgG number and the recommendation of my immunologist (she also does Asthma and Allergies), I got mine yesterday at CVS across the river in Ohio. CVS carries both and I had Moderna for my first two, so I got that one.

Very sore arm at injection site is the only side effect I’ve had.

It’s almost like one part of the federal government, the V.A., had a clue about what another part of the federal government, the FDA, was doing. But that would never happen. So it was a miracle.

Miracle? I'd say it's scary as all get out. Maybe even a sign of The Apocalypse. Do you think my experience with the military and federal health laws has jaded me?

Latest posts

Back