The feeling of fullness is different with VSG/DS

Wow, I don't know quite what to say. Is it everything that's giving you problems or just eggs? I'm concerned but unfortunately I have no advice or anything to offer because I'm really new with this too.

I puked up the egg I tried the first time as well. I didn't try again for a few months and then it could only be very runny sunny side up eggs. Scrambled or omelette were just Too heavy. That lasted for months now I eat 4 scrambled eggs with a half cup of cheese every morning.

The beginning is very frustrating but it gets better. It us all experimental at this point. Go slow and remember it gets better and foods you can't tolerate now, well in a few months they might be your best friend.

Eggs were THE most filling thing for me.. the first time I had them- I pureed one HB egg with a T of mayo until it was a loose paste, and ate.. 1 spoon. Done. I don't know why, but eggs just sit heavy. I still get full on 2 HB eggs. I ate a lot of cottage cheese early out, about an once or so was a meal. It does get easier..

Must be something about the egg. Small curd cottage cheese, eaten 3 tiny curds at a time, chewed well and pressed to mush on top of mouth went down fine. For lunch I mixed a quarter cup of Costco tomato soup with a quarter cup of Costco lobster bisque and that went down fine in 30 minutes or so. (I didn;t eat the lobster or tomato chunks but did eat the individual lobster strands.) I don;t know what the story was with the egg as there has been more chunks of fruit in my greek yogurt then there was egg bits. In a few days I may try soft boiling an egg and just spooning out the runny yolk and leaving the solid white.

I know that eventually this will pass. I am just anxious to be able to eat my protein as I am gagging on the protein shakes.

Thanks @DSRIGGS and @Jo777 and everyone.

As for you @BebeZed I am so envious as didn't you eat Wendy's chili your first day of softs? Waaaaa! (imagine a Lucy wail) It's not fair!!! (I'm teasing. Really glad you're doing so well.)

Oh my goodness! I just was eating lunch and I was also drinking a protein coffee (well, only about 1/3 coffee but...) and I got that feeling like I had to burp and surprise - I lost it all. I'm truly puzzled as I was eating leftovers that gave me no issues a couple of nights ago and I'm not having any acid problems... guess it was a combination of eating and drinking?? I've done that before too but I've never had that happen. Wow, that was weird. Must be my body proclaiming solidarity with @Clematis ;)

As for you @BebeZed I am so envious as didn't you eat Wendy's chili your first day of softs? Waaaaa! (imagine a Lucy wail) It's not fair!!! (I'm teasing. Really glad you're doing so well.)

Yes, it took me two meals to finish it but it went down fine. I don't eat anything but scrambled eggs or cheese frittatas but those fill me WAY up and it kind of sneaks up on me so I've learned to be extra cautious with them.

But now for some reason I can't eat my doggone lunch. Please take your burp feeling back... I don't want it! LOL
Time to put it aside and try again later I guess. I have finally figured out that I'm not going to starve to death... :D

Must be the egg thing....was on my list from the Dr. as one of the soft foods - but it's a no go for me right now. I was going to try some deviled egg and see how that goes tonight.

No wonder you lose weight - you starve! ha ha ha!

While eggs are usually on the soft food list, it is an issue for most of us early on. Try the egg again in a couple of months.

Thank you SouthernLady - seems like they'd be such a good choice both soft and protein wise! Now some moist beef brisket with a smidge of BBQ sauce - no problems!

@BebeZed - I still have a hard time eating and drinking at the same time.. sometimes ok with tiny sips, sometimes the food bits like to float on the liquid, and a burp isn't a burp when that happens!

Yeah, even 8 months out eggs are still an issue! I've been making my own egg drop soup lately, but last night I let the eggs get too clumpy like they were scrambled eggs instead of those little moist wispy strands in egg drop soup (I rushed through making it) and I was in MISERY for an hour. I can handle poached eggs or soft-scrambled eggs with cream cheese and heavy cream, but regular scrambled eggs - forget it.

Oh, and your tummy-rumbling "hunger" Clematis - probably not hunger. Typically it's acid reflux, even if it doesn't feel like it. Dehydration and acid reflux are the two biggest things mistaken for hunger that early out.

@BebeZed - I still have a hard time eating and drinking at the same time.. sometimes ok with tiny sips, sometimes the food bits like to float on the liquid, and a burp isn't a burp when that happens!

I've never had that happen to me before but then I usually have sips of water and not a gulp of milk with coffee. Kinda serves me right I guess... LOL I'll pay more attention in the future because throwing up isn't my fave thing to do - I did enough of that with the stinkin' crap band.

I hiccup when I get full and then a burp. It's been since 2008 for the sleeve and still this is the same. When I first had it done I thought I was dying my stomach hurting and just not feeling well til I finally decided I would make myself throw up. I let out the biggest burp that echoed all the way down the hall I think. Felt like a new person after that!!

Hoping to get a revision now to the DS

Latest posts

Back