THAT...is NOT what I asked you!

Spiky Bugger

A local pharmacy has two pharmacists...the tall blond guy from the midwest and the shorter, older guy whose appearance and accent strongly suggest a connection to someplace on the Indian subcontinent.

I joke around with the blonde guy. But he wasn't there and I had a legitimate question, to wit:

Me: I was told by one of my doctors that, because of my C Diff history, I should avoid the newer, broader spectrum antibiotics. Where do I find a list of those older drugs, so that I make sure that my other doctors are prescribing the least dangerous drugs for me?

Pharmacist: Oh...doctors don't like it when patients try to tell them what to prescribe. It's better when you let them use their best judgment.

Silence...

My husband: Well...once Sue explains to her doctors that THEY are working FOR HER, they get the idea. But I'm sure she can find another source...

And he dragged me out of there before "a scene" ensued.

On the way out, DH told me that the answer came from the pharmacist's culture and his age...not from a purely professional place...so I should probably go check out the candy that was on sale.

He knows me too well...lol!

When Spiky is irritable, heads will roll from her rapier-like wit. The pharmacist would have been dead before he knew what hit him. Good DH.

Hey, can you teach Mr. Sheanie that trick? He needs to learn how to lure me away before he gets hit by the blood spatter. We are running out of places we can dig in our back yard without hitting bodies. Normally, he just backs away real slow......

Latest posts

Back