Thank you all.

jellybeangyrl

Hello, my name is Nancy I have been lurking on this forum for a couple of weeks, and decided to join. Your comments have been a big help to me. I got the lap band done back 12 years ago in Mexico. I live in Pennsylvania, have been having trouble with the lab band since my twin pregnancy 4 years ago. My insurance is BCBS of Alabama. I am being denied removal - I don't even want anything else done, just the band taken out. Not medically necessary was the reason for the denial, they also denied the first appeal from the Doctor. I am tired of their games already, and asked for a third party review. I had a barium swallow done and x-rays and sent the disc with the appeal, it shows the dilated esophagus quite clearly. I have port pain, constant vomiting, but sometimes I am able to eat normally, and sometimes I vomit on just water, not being able to keep anything down first thing in the morning, and vomiting sometimes in my sleep. The port has never been filled. I was told it was upside-down when I first tried to get it filled -now it's lodged sideways. It helped me to know that I am not alone in this struggle, and all your suggestions to others have helped me make my case.

Seems to me if it isn't in the right place/position and it's causing you problems, you can present a case to get it removed. The first thing you need is a real copy of your insurance EOC. Usually about a 100 page document. Once you have it, read it. Learn your coverage and the appeal process.

Seems to me if it isn't in the right place/position and it's causing you problems, you can present a case to get it removed. The first thing you need is a real copy of your insurance EOC. Usually about a 100 page document. Once you have it, read it. Learn your coverage and the appeal process.

I have perused that thing carefully! Thank you!

OK, what are my options if they deny me again. I've heard of someone doing an ER visit and having it removed? Anyone with some insight on this would be helpful.

Welcome! I would suggest start by talking to Lara and Diana. Don't get frustrated and do something that is going to cause you more suffering/grief than relief in the future!

So glad for you! Of course there should never have been any question about approval, but we can't undo that. Let us know when you have a date to get that miserable thing removed.

Latest posts

Back