Take that, you coffee haters!

Roo- did your doc recommend the PPI before the NSAID? Usually a PPI needs to be taken long term in order to work and something like a Pepcid or Zantac would be better for a short term preventative.

Roo- did your doc recommend the PPI before the NSAID? Usually a PPI needs to be taken long term in order to work and something like a Pepcid or Zantac would be better for a short term preventative.

yeah. GP recommended :) It's omeprazole...have no idea what brand name that translates to though. Might look into gavascon or something to take in future...the stomach thinning thing has me a bit paranoid lol.

They should have included me in the study, lol. I seriously drink LOTS of coffee everyday and haven't ever been dehydrated (I know I need more water, just don't do it) so something has to be keeping my hydrated. I've drank full lead coffee from 6 weeks out with no problems.

I want to clarify, I do not advocate anyone doing what I do because plain water is important for our healthy. This is my struggle and I do try every day to get as much as I can in, and I find grabbing a bottle of water at room temperature does help.

Latest posts

Back