Surgery date

Newb

I have been quiet for a while... calm before the storm. I have a surgery date, May 25th, I am full of emotions, all over the spectrum. Quietly ignoring until it is time to get my head ready for the surgery part. I've definitely worked on my eating habits, lots more protein, but I still have weak moments where I feel I must have a king size ButterfInger. I have been intentionally making myself extremely busy with very intense physical labor to increase my strength and muscle mass, but also to make sure I am just maintaining my summer work post surgery. I guess I'm just saying that I'm still here, still in the process, but sort of ignoring the whole thing for a little while. Thanks for the encouragement and advice. I've taken it all to heart. And now, I'm going to think very seriously, about changing my name on here... but to what I wonder:)

It's going to be OK. I don't know of anybody who wasn't going through emotional turmoil before hand. You're normal. Once it's over, you'll be on the other side and, when you see that you're still alive, a new consciousness will set in. You will then go from fear to taking care of yourself. And once you get the routine of the DS (and the weight starts coming off) you'll be happy to know that the bane of your existence has suddenly and miraculously vaporized.

10, 9, 8, 7... It's going to be a blast.

Best, MM

It's going to be OK. I don't know of anybody who wasn't going through emotional turmoil before hand. You're normal. Once it's over, you'll be on the other side and, when you see that you're still alive, a new consciousness will set in. You will then go from fear to taking care of yourself. And once you get the routine of the DS (and the weight starts coming off) you'll be happy to know that the bane of your existence has suddenly and miraculously vaporized.

10, 9, 8, 7... It's going to be a blast.

Best, MM
Thank you!

I have been quiet for a while... calm before the storm. I have a surgery date, May 25th, I am full of emotions, all over the spectrum. Quietly ignoring until it is time to get my head ready for the surgery part. I've definitely worked on my eating habits, lots more protein, but I still have weak moments where I feel I must have a king size ButterfInger. I have been intentionally making myself extremely busy with very intense physical labor to increase my strength and muscle mass, but also to make sure I am just maintaining my summer work post surgery. I guess I'm just saying that I'm still here, still in the process, but sort of ignoring the whole thing for a little while. Thanks for the encouragement and advice. I've taken it all to heart. And now, I'm going to think very seriously, about changing my name on here... but to what I wonder:)
Adding you to the calendar.

When you decide on a new name, tag me and I'll see if it's available. Name changes have to be done by an admin.

Congratulations @Newb - i like that name 'cuz on May 25th you are going to Bnew. So why not keep it! I concur with the others, dwelling on the coming surgery will only get you in your head. I am glad you have a date and now just enjoy the process - seeing the you that is now and really registering it will allow you to see the new that is you in the coming months.
I do encourage you to take some pics and measurements so for those months the weight does not seem to be moving you will have a change in the measurements.

Congratulations @Newb - i like that name 'cuz on May 25th you are going to Bnew. So why not keep it! I concur with the others, dwelling on the coming surgery will only get you in your head. I am glad you have a date and now just enjoy the process - seeing the you that is now and really registering it will allow you to see the new that is you in the coming months.
I do encourage you to take some pics and measurements so for those months the weight does not seem to be moving you will have a change in the measurements.
Very good suggestion @duh_Mom I will do that. Hadn't even thought of doing it. I've avoided photos and measurements for years, it'll be upsetting, but telling. I know this is the necessary step, but still surreal. And maybe you are right, my current name might just be the right name after all

I took pics every month - around my surgery date and my measurements. haven't done it in a couple months and need to get it done soon. I know the inches are dramatic. I look back even now and can't believe the transformation - i don't remember being that big - or perhaps I should say I did not realize I was that big. I am really really good and denial!

I took some naked and clothed (form fitting) befores but forgot to get my measurements. Even starting just post surgery, the measurement change has been comforting even when the scale isn't shifting.

Im so excited for you! Any change in life is scary as hell and brings about all types of emotions. The DS is a big leap of faith :) It's ok to feel nervous, scared, angry (that life has lead you here...I was!), happy, excited, cautiously hopeful...remorse!!! I mourned for the person I was, the relationship I had with food, my place in my family....all of it. Everything changes...but it is awesome :)

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back