Supplement Quick Reference Guide

Parousia

Supplement Source Strength
Vitamin A Palmitate 25,000IU
Vitamin B Complex-55
Vitamin B-1 (Thiamin) 100mg
Vitamin B-9 (Folic Acid) 1,200mcg
Vitamin B-12 (Sublingual) Methylcobalamin 5,000mcg
Vitamin C 1,000mg (take with iron, but separate from everything else)
Vitamin D3 Cholecalciferol 50,000IU (avoid taking with fatty foods)
Vitamin E 400 IU
Vitamin K1 Phytonadione 1,000mcg
Vitamin K2 MK-7 150mcg
Calcium Citrate 300mg (elemental)
Copper 5mg
Iron Carbonyl or Polysaccharide 60mg
Magnesium Citrate 150mg (take with Calcium, ratio of Calcium to Magnesium 2:1)
Zinc Chelated 50mg

Protein powder: Whey Protein Isolate or egg-based protein are the most easily digestible types of protein available in supplement form.

Please note: The strengths do not indicate the daily dose you should be taking. Refer to Vitalady's recommendations for a daily schedule initially, and adjust according to your labs.

Last edited:
Mmm...didn't display the way I wanted. The info should have been in columns.

This is just an initial list to get something up. As you can see, there are lots of gaps. I would appreciate any and all feedback, additions, deletions to the list. I would also like to add a bit of info as to why we need to use particular sources of supplements at the bottom of the page, so that those who want an explanation can get it easily, so anything anyone can contribute there will be gratefully received. I just can't spend the time/energy to go into it fully right now.

Last edited:
One of the up-and-coming vitamins is vitamin K2 (MK-7) at 150 mcg per capsule. It goes with mostly anything except iron. Iron is a weakling and only needs vitamin C anywhere close to it. Vitamin K2 seems to be helping with bone health. My dietitian has been using the osteocalcin lab, as suggested by Vitalady, to determine a good dose. Right now I'm taking 2 - 150 mcg capsules with the morning batch and 2 in the evening batch.

One of the up-and-coming vitamins is vitamin K2 (MK-7) at 150 mcg per capsule. It goes with mostly anything except iron. Iron is a weakling and only needs vitamin C anywhere close to it. Vitamin K2 seems to be helping with bone health. My dietitian has been using the osteocalcin lab, as suggested by Vitalady, to determine a good dose. Right now I'm taking 2 - 150 mcg capsules with the morning batch and 2 in the evening batch.
Thanks, MajorMom. I'll add that in. :) What is the MK-7? A brand name?

MK-7 is a form of vitamin K2. The other one you might see is MK-4. MK-7 has a longer half life, so it last longer in your system and you don't need the huge doses required by MK-4. Vitamin producers are more inclined to use the MK-7 form due to the self life issue.

MajorMom when my Nurse Practitioner perscribed Vit D for me she asked me start taking Life Extension Super K - what do you think of it? seems a very high dose, she said I need it with the high dose of D

Life Extension - Super K with Advanced K2 Complex - 90 Softgels
Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 softgel
Servings Per Container: 90
Amount Per Serving%DV

Vitamin C (as Ascorbyl palmitate)10mg17%
Vitamin K activity2200 mcg2750%
Vitamin K1 (as phytonadione)1000 mcg
Vitamin K2 (as menaquinone-4)1000 mcg
Vitamin K2 (as menaquinone-7)200 mcg
Ascorbyl palmitate25 mg*

ETA: bah, I don't really have a plan let alone a spreadsheet - I need to get organized

The only thing I would be concerned about is the soft gel. What is the liquid inside of the gel? If it's oil and you are a malabsorber, not so good. The dose I've seen in studies for K2 (MK-4) is 45 mg and this soft gel wouldn't come close unless you took 4 soft gels a day and you didn't malabsorb whatever the liquid is inside the soft gel.

Sorry: I see you're a VSG, so you shouldn't have absorption issues with oil based soft gels. I think this might be a good thing to try for VSG and band.

Swanson's is having a BOGO sale on Calcium Citrate. Now that I look at the label, it says
imagejpg1-4.jpg

My Citrical says 'elemental' where this one says 'from calcium citrate.' Is this still ok????
Thanks for input!

Normally "from Calcium Citrate" is fine. It just makes me nervous that it lists calcium carbonate in the list of ingredients. I don't think one or two bottles will be a problem. It's so hard to find plan calicum citrate. I just go with Vitalady's calcium citrate only capsules.

Latest posts

Back