southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Happy Easter to those who observe!

:big egg5 text:

Back up again...
Last week 136
This week 138.

There were a couple of days when I didn't eat nearly enough.

Happy Easter Liz

LW:119
TW:118

Lots of acid. There has been a steady increase over the last few months. I am up to 1 bottle of Gaviscon a week. I guess I need to look into a PPI.

Do you know what dosage I should start with? I will remind her of malabsorption issues but I will have to tell my PCP recommended dosage.

Thanks and have a great week

Whit

Happy Easter Liz

LW:119
TW:118

Lots of acid. There has been a steady increase over the last few months. I am up to 1 bottle of Gaviscon a week. I guess I need to look into a PPI.

Do you know what dosage I should start with? I will remind her of malabsorption issues but I will have to tell my PCP recommended dosage.

Thanks and have a great week

Whit
Glad for the lb lost, sorry you need a PPI.

Start with the OTC dose, one per day. Some do fine with that. Some need more. Your doc is likely to give you Prilosec or Nexium, both are available OTC so your insurance is not likely to pay for it.

Try what the doc suggests but do not be afraid to mention if it's working or not.

I first tried Prilosec (this was long before it went OTC) and after 2 weeks told my PCP it wasn't helping. He then gave me a prescription for Prevacid which did work. Protonix also works for me. We had to fight the insurance industry every time I had to have it refilled cause THEY wanted me to use the much cheaper Prilosec.

Now, I take 2 generic Prevacid daily. Getting them at Costco. If it stops helping, I will be talking to my PCP about my options but so far, so good.

Happy Easter! I have the whole family all day, plus a couple of friends added in for dinner. Gonna be busy, starting with breakfast!

Last week 155.6
This week 155.6

I am, for the first time since my DS, in a stall. It has been three weeks since losing any weight. Last month I only lost 3 pounds. I was really hoping for a few more pounds off to accommodate for bounceback. I guess we will see what happens. At 5' 8" and in a size 8 for most things, I wouldn't complain. I just don't want to bounce into a bigger size.

LW 122
TW 121

It's been 5 weeks since I started weight training at the gym in an effort to combat my osteoporosis (and evolve from 'Stick Girl'). I am seeing results and feeling real good with improved posture and longer sleep.

My back is no longer just a collection of bones. With so little fat left, I could serve as a 3D diagram of back muscles, haha!

Happy Spring everyone!

Last edited:
LW 122
TW 121

It's been 5 weeks since I started weight training at the gym in an effort to combat my osteoporosis (and evolve from 'Stick Girl'). I am seeing results and feeling real good with improved posture and longer sleep.

image.jpg1_5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
My back is no longer just a collection of bones. With so little fat left, I could serve as a 3D diagram of back muscles, haha!
image.jpg1_6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Happy Spring everyone!

You look amazing!!

Happy Easter! I have the whole family all day, plus a couple of friends added in for dinner. Gonna be busy, starting with breakfast!

Last week 155.6
This week 155.6

I am, for the first time since my DS, in a stall. It has been three weeks since losing any weight. Last month I only lost 3 pounds. I was really hoping for a few more pounds off to accommodate for bounceback. I guess we will see what happens. At 5' 8" and in a size 8 for most things, I wouldn't complain. I just don't want to bounce into a bigger size.
Glad you stayed put if you couldn't lose this week.

Don't give up YET...I know I stalled for a long time and then it started coming back off til I hit my lowest. Three weeks isn't long...seems long but it really isn't. Not when my major one was 5 months long.
LW 122
TW 121

Happy Spring everyone!

Oh WOW...I am so envious of you! And congrats on the loss of a lb.

Hey everyone, didn't weigh in yesterday, I wish I had because...
170 LW
173 TW
Hoping that's just some water retention since I'm visibly puffy from yesterday's "Eastover" feasting.
We had a mix of Italian, Jewish and Southern foods- marinated fresh mozzarella and roasted peppers, muffuletta salad and roasted tomatoes on crostini, plus chopped liver on matzoh. Then matzoh ball soup. Then a huge BBQ brisket with coleslaw, roasted garlic mashed cauliflower, roasted asparagus, spinach latkes and noodle kugel. Then for desert, carrot cake cupcakes, macaroons and kosher for Passover almond cake. I'm cracking up to myself just typing it all out :ROFLMAO:

170 LW
173 TW
Hoping that's just some water retention since I'm visibly puffy from yesterday's "Eastover" feasting.
We had a mix of Italian, Jewish and Southern foods- marinated fresh mozzarella and roasted peppers, muffuletta salad and roasted tomatoes on crostini, plus chopped liver on matzoh. Then matzoh ball soup. Then a huge BBQ brisket with coleslaw, roasted garlic mashed cauliflower, roasted asparagus, spinach latkes and noodle kugel. Then for desert, carrot cake cupcakes, macaroons and kosher for Passover almond cake. I'm cracking up to myself just typing it all out :ROFLMAO:
Just get back to normal and that should come right back off.

LW - didn't weigh
TW - 167

I've been playing with the same two pounds for the last month. Hanging out between 167-169.
Grrrr.....

170 LW
173 TW

Sounds like a fun day! I ate too much too and I had about 4 limoncellos! Did not feel great last night, hmm. Better today though.

Latest posts

Back