Summer fruits

Millie

Hi all,
So I rarely eat fruit...too many carbs and they generally don't sit well. But peaches and tomatoes are my faves and are at their peak now, so I've been indulging. OMG huge mistake. My poor belly. And butt. I'm so sad.
Has anyone else had trouble with peaches and/or tomatoes?

ME!!! Peaches anyway and I adore peaches. Peak season for SC is mid June to first part of August. As much as I love them, I cann only indulge about every 2-3 years.

Other fruits cause issues too if indulged in often or too much at one time. I'm slowly realizing I can no longer indulge like I use to.

And interestingly I'm ok with cantaloupe. And watermelon. I guess I'm thankful for that.

I'm currently eating a delicious huge peach with a couple of teaspoons of sugar and about a half cup of sour cream. It is not my first one this week. But I'm 14 years out.

Tomatoes are the only thing we grow. I'll cover sliced tomatoes with a lot of regular mayonnaise. I'll also have at least one BLT, damn the carbs and full speed ahead. My last BLT was minus the bread, tomato, and lettuce. I've had one peach this summer with the only problem being I had to eat it over a napkin. It was so juicy and good.

Latest posts

Back