So I broke down and asked for another course of flagyl

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
My bloating, distention and pain finally got to where it is bothering too much and even though I still think it is primarily due to a hernia/blockage I want to see if another round of flagyl helps. I am flying to Vegas next Wednesday for our annual golf outing with three of my best friends growing up, and I don't want to be miserable if I can help it (we started this trip in 2002 and it is such a battery recharger).

I am also seeing Dr Schupbach Friday as Cameron has an appointment so I want him to feel my gut to see if he believes it is a hernia and then what to do to follow. The right side bulges out a few inches beyond the left side and is very spongy so if it isn't a hernia I don't know why that side would protrude and not the other.

Anyway we shall see if the Flagyl helps at all.

Another thought that runs through my mind. With my revised DS, if I need a hernia repair do I dare let a non DS surgeon do it. I am just worried that if something requires and removal of any small bowel would a non DS surgeon muck things up? I can't really afford to be spending $2,500 minimum and probably more to fly to Dr kband spend a week, nor do I want my wife to waste another week of her vacation on me.. Dr Marshall would do the repair fine but he will tell me to wait and see what happens and I am tired of that game not to mention I don't want to listen to his smart comments about Dr K (his feelings were hurt that I had Ara fix my DS). I know I am getting ahead of myself but trying to figure out all angles.

Morning Scott - this is my opinion - I would not anticipate any of your small bowel would need to be removed with a hernia repair - if and only if it was strangulated. If you had a strangulated hernia you would be very ill and they would know going in that removal of the bowel was a possibility.

with that thought in mind, any surgeon you are comfortable with could repair a hernia - of the abdominal muscle kind - they are fairly straight forward.

Now that being said, I would be hesitant to go to the guy that messed you up - and here is the other thing - if you don' trust the doctor to do it all - I would not trust them to do the minor stuff. I know that sounds like a complete turn around from my previous statement - but you never know what is going to happen once you get on that table and you sure don't want to always have to second guess your decision.

Latest posts

Back