Sending out a "Cyber Search Party" for @Jen-2

Hi @robs477 and @newanatomy! You guys are so sweet for checking on me!!

I'm doing ok. Slowly progressing. I'm one month out now. Down 32 pounds!! 10 pre-op and 22 post-op. Still dealing w a lack of energy. I can't wait for that to change. It's VERY frustrating. W 4 kids and everything I need to do I don't have time to be tired! I still have to be conscious of getting my liquids in. I'm getting between 30-40 grams of protein daily from food but can eat only an ounce at a time. I try to eat every 2-3 hours. No bathroom issues right now. I started a multi vitamin but not vitalady's regimen yet bc I can't handle all those pills yet. I hit a stall last week but the scale seems to be moving again. The last few days I've had trouble getting to sleep. I've been wide awake until 4 am. Hope that's temporary.

Compared to a month ago I'm doing much better. Lol! I'm no longer wondering WTH I did to myself. I've been a little AWOL lately mostly bc it's a slow progression so I don't have much to report. Sorry about that! I do lurk but it seems to have been a little slow on BF lately regarding new postings. Membership is increasing though so that's great!

I'm going to go check out your posts and see how you guys are doing. :)

"The last few days I've had trouble getting to sleep. I've been wide awake until 4 am. Hope that's temporary."
Try OTC melatonin. I didn't believe it would help, but it really does - especially for me, who is on the computer (and thus exposed to light) until the wee-smalls every night. I weaned myself off of Lunesta (which I still adore, but I was on it - albeit only 1/2 of a 3 mg tablet - for several years and thought I should try something else.

@Jen-2, everything you are saying sounds familiar and normal. I wish it was a quick recovery. This surgery takes a lot out of you. Be patient with yourself, you'll get there. You really are doing great, tired is to be expected.

Hi @robs477 and @newanatomy! You guys are so sweet for checking on me!!

I'm doing ok. Slowly progressing. I'm one month out now. Down 32 pounds!! 10 pre-op and 22 post-op. Still dealing w a lack of energy. I can't wait for that to change. It's VERY frustrating. W 4 kids and everything I need to do I don't have time to be tired! I still have to be conscious of getting my liquids in. I'm getting between 30-40 grams of protein daily from food but can eat only an ounce at a time. I try to eat every 2-3 hours. No bathroom issues right now. I started a multi vitamin but not vitalady's regimen yet bc I can't handle all those pills yet. I hit a stall last week but the scale seems to be moving again. The last few days I've had trouble getting to sleep. I've been wide awake until 4 am. Hope that's temporary.

Compared to a month ago I'm doing much better. Lol! I'm no longer wondering WTH I did to myself. I've been a little AWOL lately mostly bc it's a slow progression so I don't have much to report. Sorry about that! I do lurk but it seems to have been a little slow on BF lately regarding new postings. Membership is increasing though so that's great!

I'm going to go check out your posts and see how you guys are doing. :)

Awesome! It sounds like you definitely turned the corner and are on the up-swing, that’s great to hear! Congratulations on your WL and getting better.....post whenever you can get a break from all those kids,,lol That’s where your energy’s going!

Awesome! It sounds like you definitely turned the corner and are on the up-swing, that’s great to hear! Congratulations on your WL and getting better and post whenever you can get a break from all those kids,,lol That’s where your energy’s going!;)

Latest posts

Back