Self Pay DS surgeon in PA/NJ/DE area?

I had virgin DS surgery w Greenbaum in February 2015. I was quoted $13K - 15K for everything (hospital, Greenbaum's fees, anesthesia, etc.). It came in just slightly less than 15K. I was self pay. He does all of his DS surgeries open.

I just want to tell you, "This Mexico idea is crazy!" is something I've said to myself quite a bit. But, if the local doc doesn't work out for me I'll be following your lead with Dr Esquerra. I hate to pay for it myself, but I could get a home equity loan for that amount. I hope you continue to post about your experience!
I settled on Mexico only after long and hard consideration and research and much talking with other people who had gone to Dr. Esquerra before me (there are many here on this forum). Due to my insurance not covering any WLS of any type, it was self-pay or nothing for me. Cost was also a very important factor as we are not dripping money...LOL. The more I researched and found out the more I was convinced Dr. Esquerra was the way to go for me. I especially liked the fact they keep you in the hospital 4 nights before they release you to go home, unlike many of the US hospitals. I have not been sorry I went the route I did.

The quote I got from Dr. Greenbaum's office was for open DS. I already had my lap band removed. This was for 3 night stay. I am still researching, but my options.

Latest posts

Back