SADI-S / Loop - Please share facts about this new procedure here.

If you want to know about the SADi or Dr Roslin, find experience not gossip.
John when this thread started, even Dr. Roslin was being very squirrelly about the SADI, which he named the SIPS. He never actually lied but he wasn’t straightforward to many.

Most surgeons were, and many flat out lied to their patient, many lied to insurance companies, and we've had at least one known death due to the surgeon doing a SADI when promising a DS. With that kind of track record, it’s been hard for those of us in the DS community to change our mind. But it actually had to start with the surgeons being forthcoming as to what they were doing. Many still aren’t. And many are still defrauding the insurance companies.

That is not gossip. We’ve seen evidence in provided operative reports from individuals who went in being told they were getting a DS, only to end up with a SADI.

But the experience is still just, at most, 11 years here in the US. I’ve run into a Roslin patient who was one of his first from July 2012. The doctor who created the SADI in Turkey did it about 14 years ago now. But it’s hard to find truly long term studies like there are for the DS. Especially since the first DS was done in 1986.

As far as the fat disappearing, no one has recreated that study since. There is anecdotal evidence that it is wrong but no study disproving it. And until such study exists, that study stating it disappears stands.

But your experience is valid and welcome. We need someone with a SADI to answer questions for those seeking that surgery cause the DS isn’t the right surgery for everyone.

Hi hilary1617, I did not mean anything offensive towards you and was glad you posted the question, and also glad to be able to answer it 9 years later with some experience now :). The SADi when performed by an expert like Dr Roslin is a fantastic option that from my experience does everything a WLS patient is looking for. I think many people are steered in the wrong direction about this procedure, as well as Dr. Roslin. His bedside manners are not loving which I don't care about. He's full of a lot of something, but that includes confidence and unbelievable expertise. Ultimately an absolute world-class expert performed an exceptional procedure that works better than anything I could imagine. I'm disappointed so many people are advised away from this towards what I consider to be alternative inferior options.

John when this thread started, even Dr. Roslin was being very squirrelly about the SADI, which he named the SIPS. He never actually lied but he wasn’t straightforward to many.

Most surgeons were, and many flat out lied to their patient, many lied to insurance companies, and we've had at least one known death due to the surgeon doing a SADI when promising a DS. With that kind of track record, it’s been hard for those of us in the DS community to change our mind. But it actually had to start with the surgeons being forthcoming as to what they were doing. Many still aren’t. And many are still defrauding the insurance companies.

That is not gossip. We’ve seen evidence in provided operative reports from individuals who went in being told they were getting a DS, only to end up with a SADI.

But the experience is still just, at most, 11 years here in the US. I’ve run into a Roslin patient who was one of his first from July 2012. The doctor who created the SADI in Turkey did it about 14 years ago now. But it’s hard to find truly long term studies like there are for the DS. Especially since the first DS was done in 1986.

As far as the fat disappearing, no one has recreated that study since. There is anecdotal evidence that it is wrong but no study disproving it. And until such study exists, that study stating it disappears stands.

But your experience is valid and welcome. We need someone with a SADI to answer questions for those seeking that surgery cause the DS isn’t the right surgery for everyone.
Thanks for your reply. I actually have an appt with Dr Roslin tomorrow. I haven't seen him in 2 years but I don't really care about the surgeon after the surgery, and probably vice versa. Only 2 things really matter: 1) Deciding on a procedure that works for your needs, and 2) The surgeon is absolutely outstanding during the procedure. After that, you are the only one that matters.
My only purpose now for a visit is to get updated research on the SADi, discuss potential long-term issues the imbalance from WLS creates (e.g. certain higher cancer risk potential, changing nutritional needs, possible other additives (e.g. Hormone levels, updates to views on vitamin and nutritional supplements, composition of daily menu, etc).

Latest posts

Back