RYN TO DS, CT TO CA

What to do to make my 6 hour plane ride manageable?

• Total voters
Hello and welcome.

Who is doing your revision surgery?

Dr Rabkin. Worried about the travel from CT To CA, and the pain, I read he uses toradol for pain, but I can't, it sends me into serotonin syndrome. Help! Pain management a big concern.
Okay, for some reason I thought Rabkin was in NYC. LOL Rabkin has a good reputation from what I have heard and several on here had Rabkin for the virgin DS.

Pain management - Dilaudid, Fentanyl or morhphine in hospital and probably hydro or oxycodone for home.

I can't imagine he doesn't use those standard pain meds.

Welcome! If you let him know about your issue with that med he should be able to make adjustments, no? I do feel like I've heard of people having issues with crossing state lines with prescriptions for narcotics, though. Check on that ahead of time?

Welcome! If you let him know about your issue with that med he should be able to make adjustments, no? I do feel like I've heard of people having issues with crossing state lines with prescriptions for narcotics, though. Check on that ahead of time?
You can't prescribe narcotics across state lines, at least not in IL or Cali. That doesn't mean you can't fill them in Cali and take home with you..so she needs to make sure she covers with Rabkin and get enough to last at home... Or have GP at home prescribe

You can't prescribe narcotics across state lines, at least not in IL or Cali. That doesn't mean you can't fill them in Cali and take home with you..so she needs to make sure she covers with Rabkin and get enough to last at home... Or have GP at home prescribe
Yeah, that sounds like a good plan

You cannot fill a c2 -narcotic in any state except the one the doctor is on. I know for a fact about that and California because I had to send my script fed ex to my cousin have him fill it and fed ex the meds back. Back then the dr could fax a script for vicoden to different states but a few months ago the made it a c2 narcotic on the list. So make sure he gives you enough to last you and see will your primary care doctor will be willing to work with him on your pain management.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back