@robs477...you still sailing thru this thing?

Hi Jen, yes, I'm doing ok still. I was going to PM you or post asking you today about how you're doing, please give details when you get a minute...AND, Thank you so much for asking about me! I hope you are doing well, have been concerned?

@Jen-2. Hi. Tried to PM you but lost it. Saw Greenbaum this morning at 9:00. He was already behind! Wondering how your check up went.

Hi all! I'm doing ok. Not on any meds and the scale is moving down! Really my only two struggles are still the lack of energy and getting in all my fluids. My strength is returning but I still have zero energy. I saw Dr. G Friday. He says that's normal and that my expectations are too high for only being 2 1/2 weeks post op. I'm getting in protein and have expanded to puréed foods. I came home from the hospital w a hyper sensitivity to smells. That's going away. Making progress! :)

Hi all! I'm doing ok. Not on any meds and the scale is moving down! Really my only two struggles are still the lack of energy and getting in all my fluids. My strength is returning but I still have zero energy. I saw Dr. G Friday. He says that's normal and that my expectations are too high for only being 2 1/2 weeks post op. I'm getting in protein and have expanded to puréed foods. I came home from the hospital w a hyper sensitivity to smells. That's going away. Making progress! :)

It seems to me that you are doing as well as should be expected. Victory will come in small wins. Keep working on your fluids. I know I still have to remind myself to drink on occasion. I am glad you are progressing!

I STILL have the sensitivity to smells and I am 15 weeks out. Hope it ends soon. I cant stand the smell of bacon cooking and that is JUST WRONG

@Jen-2, hang in there! It will get so much better in just a few weeks, though it will seem like time stands still until then. I had smelling superpowers when pregnant, so I can relate, even though I didn't have any post DS. Definitely some way of your body protecting itself. Glad you're on to purees - some real nutrition to help you get your strength back. Keep hydrated! Can't wait to hear good news as your journey progresses!

Latest posts

Back