Revision process, and getting my butt back in gear

Taniesa

well, I have an appointment with two doctors in my insurance network that do revisions. Neither will probably do the revision I want but I figure its a starting off point to get prelim stuff done. One is Stanford (where I had my orig. surgery) and second is Dr. Jossart in SF

I realllllllly want Dr. K but dang, the whole process is going to cost me like 10 grand and there is no way.... I am hardly going to be able to make that 4 k deductible let alone an out of network doc.

Meanwhile I am getting my big hiney back on track. I joined the gym again and am walking about 2 miles 5 days a week right now. I am logging my food which is something I never did. And I am trying to give up my regular Vitamin water and Starbucks

I went grocery shopping today and usually when I do I get Starbucks frapp (they have a Starbucks in the store) but today I passed by and told myself NO.... The struggle was real, my friends.

I am motivated.... however I am a little afraid of loosing weight now and then one of these dr. saying oh you don't need revision you just lost 10 lbs (pbbbttthh) of course i will loose a burst, we all do when we start loosing... but then the dreaded plateau... the one that I was on for 8 years... yeah, that one. I know I can get 10 lbs off myself... but I need to loose 100. Also insurance requirements are a BMI of 40 and I am currently 43. SOooooo Advise needed, Do I just not try and loose weight right now and just work out and maintain where I am at (give or take 5 lbs) or do I say screw it and sweat until I can't sweat anymore?

<3 Happy Monday

As I've said before, no one at Standord does the DS at all, let alone revision of RNY (or any other operation) to the DS. Whatever your co-pay is, save it for your eventual surgery. Let us know about Dr. Jossart. At least you have a prayer there.

Make very, very sure you get your highest possible weight documented in medical records BEFORE you embark on some noble effort to lose a few lbs. If you bmi is documented lower it will only make your fight for insurance approval worse.

Latest posts

Back