Reaching Out...

On my iPhone it looked funky, but when I came on with my computer it looks OK. So I'm screwing up the server by not using photo bucket? Is that free? I'm not a big photo person, and have never used it

On my iPhone it looked funky, but when I came on with my computer it looks OK. So I'm screwing up the server by not using photo bucket? Is that free? I'm not a big photo person, and have never used it
That's because *I* fixed it for you, LOL.

Yes, photobucket is free. They do have a paid plan and I used it for ONE year when I had my scrapbook store but not any more.

That is because you are uploading directly from your computer (which uses space on the server) instead of loading them to photobucket and linking them from there and letting it take space on the photobucket server.
But when I think I'm just posting in a link to a site--so that others can go THERE and watch the video-- it turns out I've sent the whole thing to your server. And I don't have...or want to have...Photobucket right now. So maybe I'll find a less direct way to do it.

Roo- I have lots of MEH days. Where nothing in particular is wrong, I just feel meh. It comes with depression and it happened terribly for me with the hormone dumping. Some days I just wanna stay in my PJs and hide from the world, but then it always ends up feeling worse. Getting out and getting some sunlight and interaction ALWAYS helps me.

As for the hubs, keep a cami or a tank top on and he won't give a shit! I was so aware of my incisions, and now I'm self conscious about my scars but my hubby doesn't give a flying fuck :D

Today is a bit better but not by much if Im honest! I do however have friends coming over and we are going to play the wrongest game of games which makes me laugh like a banshee. Hopefully this will cheer my crappy arse up!

I get what everyone is saying about massive changes but that doesn't apply to me...yet. Im still super fat so I don't feel different, I just feel like me which a huge friggen wound! I wish I could tell a physical different but nope. My undies still fit just fine and some of my bras still fit...and I binge bought some so they are new and lacy lol...woohooo. Im actually wearing a bra today because I have company coming :) I usually wear camis with a shelf bra build it.

I bought a book that came today that I am hoping will help me along the way "The Weight Loss Surgery Coping Companion: A Practical Guide for Coping with Post-Surgery Emotions" by Tanie Miller Kabala, Ph.D. I had a flip though and it looks good....its a workbook or sorts. I'm hoping I will figure it all out if I am gentle with myself and 100% honest with my support system.

One thing that would cheer me up to no end right now is being back home in California where it is warm and sunny (HOT by UK standards lol) but with this wound I don't leave my house much, much less leave the country. Oh well, someday!

Im also full of anxiety as the hubz leaves for a work trip to the USA next Saturday and Im trying to figure out how I am going to cope with showering and such. I know I WILL cope cos Im a strong ass willed person and will find a way come hell or high water to get things done...it just sucks. but meh. At least we have some friends babysitting the dog so that is one less thing I have to worry about.

Hon, I am sorry your struggling so much right now. Could the hubby leaving be making this worse, I am sure you are nervous. Do you have a friend or family that could come stay with you a few times a week? It might help ease your anxiety. I know you said your showers were small, but how big is your bathroom? Maybe you could find a way to make a make shift bathing station for your self, something that didn't require you to stand, just till the hubby gets home. By make shift I mean maybe a blow up kids pool and a movable shower head? Just trying to help. Also what about that no water needed soap foam you can get in the hospital, that doesn't require you to rinse off, but you get clean. That might help. Just some suggestions. I hope you feel better soon. HUGS!!

I hope your frown got turned upside down for a while today! I can tell you some pull your hair out, can't make this shit up parenting stories to distract you.
Just wanted to add my cyber hug to the pile you're collecting. You are a strong gal and you're gonna be rocking your DS before you know it!

Having friends over last night was great. Laughing and chatting til the wee hours in the morning was perfect. Then I had a lie in, stayed in my pjs all day watching the UFO Files, lol. An ideal weekend really.

I also posted a pic of my wound on fb, with a limited audience that asked to see it. It felt good to be validated that I am right to feel a bit down and not myself and that Im stronger than a lot of people. Just the acknowledgment sorta helped to see that I am progressing and am dealing with a lot, while still trying to be hopeful for the future.

VK, no, I don't have anyone to stay with me and to be perfectly honest, it would be worse. Im a terrible patient and I hate being taken care of lol. I snap at Mike often for not helping enough, helping too much or just being in my way lol. Like I said, Im a TERRIBLE patient lol. I think I should be ok without him here in my way lol. I need to get things set up for me....and leave them in place. He's a tidy freak and everything MUST go back in it's place after use....so without him moving everything, it should be ok. I always hate when he leaves but once he is gone the survivalist single girl in me comes out and I just "get 'er done" lol.

Yay for "get 'er done" mode! You keep on trucking, kiddo. You are AWESOMELY strong. The day will come when we will have the party to end all parties to CELEBRATE OUR STRENGTH, you hear me? Start planning to spend a week or so doing that in Montana, where strong folks rule :).

My therapist once used this metaphor to say the same thing you say in your siggie: How does a donkey get from the bottom to the top of the Grand Canyon? He just keeps following the ass in front of him up the trail. *cackle* I do love that man, he knows just what images will make me gleeful.

Yay for "get 'er done" mode! You keep on trucking, kiddo. You are AWESOMELY strong. The day will come when we will have the party to end all parties to CELEBRATE OUR STRENGTH, you hear me? Start planning to spend a week or so doing that in Montana, where strong folks rule :).

My therapist once used this metaphor to say the same thing you say in your siggie: How does a donkey get from the bottom to the top of the Grand Canyon? He just keeps following the ass in front of him up the trail. *cackle* I do love that man, he knows just what images will make me gleeful.

You eastern or western montana? I have family in Salmon Idaho and used to go shopping in Montanna all the time...you know...no taxes and all that jazz lol.

It is true though (about the asses) lol. Sometimes you just have to focus on the present and forget the how's, when's or why's. :) Mentally, I am getting there, but FML I cannot wait to be healed up!!!!

You eastern or western montana? I have family in Salmon Idaho and used to go shopping in Montanna all the time...you know...no taxes and all that jazz lol.

It is true though (about the asses) lol. Sometimes you just have to focus on the present and forget the how's, when's or why's. :) Mentally, I am getting there, but FML I cannot wait to be healed up!!!!
Southwestern MT, where it's pretty and dry both :).

Latest posts

Back