Rat Bastard.

Whit

We have a Rat yes a RAT in our garage. Ick. Yesterday we spent the entire day clearing out everything, cleaning it up, tossing ALOT of crap and not finding the bastard. We replaced the torn weather stripping on the bottom of the door and made sure all holes and nooks and crannies were sealed.

This morning there was a whole in the weather stripping. I can not put out poison I have animals. Next step traps. Ugh disgusting...

Yuck! When I lived in MN, I had some car problems. The mechanic told me mice were nesting in my engine! Rodents can cause big problems! Hope you get rid of them!

Ugh. Brings back bad memories of a rat that invaded my mother's mobile home. Took a couple of weeks to trap him. In the meantime we saw him a number of times running round the corner in the house and could hear him at night gnawing a wall somewhere. We had to throw out a bunch of food my mom had stored in a cupboard and then the rat gnawed a big hole in a plastic box that my mom had stored some of her Japanese goodies in and we had to throw all that out too. Nasty creature.

Thank God he is in the garage and relatively small. We have lived here 9 years and this is our first rodent. But it is still gross and my old Cat is not interested.

I have a bunch of Dickens Village "Stuff" my mother collected. I have hopes of selling to someday when I get motivated to do so. It is all in boxes inside Bankers boxes. Luckily nothing has been damaged. It has now been brought inside in a closet. I guess I should wade into ebay and get rid of it!

In all fairness, I really doubt he's a bastard. His parental units are probably living somewhere close, and he's on good terms with them.

True story about rats in my in-laws neighborhood. They live on what was once called The Sandhill, a formerly poor neighborhood where a brick factory was located (my paternal grandfather worked there making sand bricks) that later was used as the county dump, which attracted lots of RATS, possums, raccoons, etc. But not around my in-laws home. No rats, which I frequently commented on. One day, my FIL called me (I'm not afraid of anything) to come and take care of a snake they found IN THEIR GARAGE. Their garage which hasn't seen a car since 1956, it's so full of shit. Never been cleaned out since then, either. And as they were standing outside it, a 9 foot long eastern hog snake (rat snake) came out to sun itself as well. All 4 grown men almost shit themselves, then quickly set two cinder blocks on it. By the time I got there, it had almost broke free. They said it was a rattler, because that species mimicks one by shaking just the tip of its tail like one. I picked it up, bagged it, then released it at a nearby shale pile, assuming it would survive. Two days later, however, the paper printed a story that an "extremely large snake" had been found dead on the road. And now, my in-laws have had rats ever since. Oh, and when my FIL died and the garage was finally emptied? Many, many snake skins were found, in various sizes. That beautiful creature lived there, probably all it's life, eating rats.

I shared a hotel room in Kathmadu with a particularly personable sewer rat the size of a sausage dog. It would wait until I turn out the one glowing bulb then tap dance sideways across the floor towards me. I would leap up and flick the light on but RATTUS RATTUS was gone. I found a lighter and caught the varmint red pawed the next clip pity clop across the floor. We stared at each other and the sheer intelligence of those beady eyes made me think...fuck it..have at it! He never bothered me again and instead went next door and fucked with Iain for the rest of the week.

Us rat bastards stick together.

I have no issues with snakes but one large enough to eat the Rat would probably mac down Pete my little Chihuahua. I hope he moves back in with his parents before he is terminated.

Latest posts

Back