Random, miscellaneous cancer scare.

Spiky Bugger

The UV light you stick you hands into to "cure" your nails?

Apparently, a couple of cases of skin cancer of the back of the hand can be traced to no other sources.

So, find a pair of old cotton gloves, cut the fingertips off and take them with you to the nail shop next time.

That's my first PSA for the day.

(I may have another one when I discover why a visibly happy 28-year-old who worked around people TRAINED to spot stress at that level, killed himself. I attended his funeral this morning and the biggest part was hoping that the Dad supporters did not declare war on the Mom supporters...again.)

I'm sorry your day revolved around a funeral for a 28 year old young man. My son is 28, and the thought of that gobsmacked me reading this. And yeah, how/why was he able to prevent/avoid the attention of his coworkers trained in the field??

A couple of cases of skin cancer traced to no other cause - I get it, it's UV light, but - some cancers are just sporadic. My husband had a skin cancer in his pubes - NO sun or other UV source EVER shone on that skin. It just happened. I'd need to see more data.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Suicides are tragic, not only in that a life is unnecessarily lost, but in their legacy of open-ended questions and regrets.

I'm also sorry about the Dad supporters v. Mom supporters thing, which must be incredibly frustrating and stressful.

Latest posts

Back