Posting a question here

southernlady, first, thank you for providing this wonderful resource. You are a hero. That said, I'm not technical enough to really understand what you wrote, but my preference, as a pragmatist, is always for function and efficiency over style. We are lucky you are willing to do this for us and can adapt to just about any format - it is the substance of the discussions and depth of support that matter most. So, do what works best for you. We will gratefully follow!

Perfectly said, Hilary! I agree!

No, I’m alive, it only feels like I’m dead 3/4 of the time. Just here living life as if I’m in the movie Groundhogs Day, answering the same questions over and over.
I hear you on the questions thing.

Tomorrow we go to the VA Geriatric Clinic and ”get” the results of all the testing, which I’ve mostly read already. But it will be nice to have them explained. And our Second Opinion Neuro will see us the 28th.

MiniSue is Little Miss Merry Sunshine and I’m Debbie Downer, so we disagree about what the reports are telling us…lol!

Last edited:
No, I’m alive, it only feels like I’m dead 3/4 of the time. Just here living life as if I’m in the movie Groundhogs Day, answering the same questions over and over.

When you get tired of that, try this:

Man goes to grocery store with a written list of six items to purchase. He returns home with four of them. When asked about the other two, he responds, “I forgot.”

Quandary of the Day:
How do you “forget” 1/3 of the items on a written list you have in your hand?

Kindly submit your answer in writing. Judges decisions will be final.

Easy.. he forgot to look at the list

How could that happen?

Easy he forgot he had a list

Keep the softballs coming

When you get tired of that, try this:

Man goes to grocery store with a written list of six items to purchase. He returns home with four of them. When asked about the other two, he responds, “I forgot.”

Quandary of the Day:
How do you “forget” 1/3 of the items on a written list you have in your hand?

Kindly submit your answer in writing. Judges decisions will be final.

Hmmmm...

1. You have to use that hand and so the list is placed in a place where it is forgotten: (a) in a pocket or wallet (b) on the front passenger seat of a car (c) grocery cart (d) any flat surface on the way to the store or inside the store.

2. You are distracted by conversation, other shoppers, something shiny or delicious and focus your attention on that.

3. You forget your reading glasses so can't read the list.

4. You need to race home or somewhere else due to (a) a text or phone call (b) aversion to public restrooms or (c) remembering you forgot to turn off the stove.

5. List falls into (a) a puddle, stream, storm drain, sewer, (b) under or between car seats, or (c) place unknown.

6. List spontaneously combusts or is pickpocketed.

7. Pocket veto due to dislike of or cost of the other two items on list.

8. Items replaced by items thought to be similar or preferred.

9. Want an excuse to return to store later.

10. Tolerance for time that can be spent in store exceeded.

Sorry... I know it must have been frustrating. Hope you have those items in hand now. Hugs.

Latest posts

Back