PatchMD

https://www.unjury.com/blog/serious...umer_ENewsletter&utm_content=important-update

Not intending to necropost, yet Unjury sent me an e-mail reporting their latest research. Of course since Unjury sells vitamins, there may be some bias in their research. (Ya think? LOL)

I've never used anything from Unjury other than their proteins. The individual servings are convenient for traveling. I like their chicken soup for a hot drink.

https://www.unjury.com/blog/serious-questions-patchmd-vitamin-supplement-claims/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Serious Questions about PatchMD™ Vitamin&utm_source=Consumer_ENewsletter&utm_content=important-update

Not intending to necropost, yet Unjury sent me an e-mail reporting their latest research. Of course since Unjury sells vitamins, there may be some bias in their research. (Ya think? LOL)

I've never used anything from Unjury other than their proteins. The individual servings are convenient for traveling. I like their chicken soup for a hot drink.
Yeah, they sound great but don't stand up to the sniff test!

It frustrates me that oral vitamins are not closely regulated or tested for potency in the U.S, so I would want to see the science behind absorbability, potency, blood levels before and after, etc. for transdermals, since through trial-and-error, I have found the oral brands with adequate potency for me.

There is the possibility of FDA approval of a transdermal iron patch. There are iron patches in the market, but they aren't proven to work. The company Fe3 Medical in Texas is following the prescription-drug-approval path to show its transdermal iron patch treats iron-deficiency anemia. If the proof is made, I will be the first in line.

I recently saw a FB posting on Thrive patches as a diet aid. It makes me angry that they sell this crap to people who are desperate to lose weight.

@Settledownnow it's just one more part of the $billion/year diet industry in this country. Whether it's patches, pills, creams, dieter's tea, shakes, etc etc it's all crap. If any one of them worked, there would be no market for the others, and our obesity epidemic would be over. And I guarantee, next year, by the time people are disillusioned with the current crop of useless weight loss products, there will be a new crop of useless weight loss products that will only lighten people's wallets.

A little off topic... My psychiatrist prescribed a patch anti-depressant and they wouldn't stay on. Even if patch vitamins were viable option, I wouldn't choose them for that reason.

A little more off topic....When I first got estrogen replacement patches they were big and kept falling off.
I would wake up and find them stuck to my sheets.
Now they are smaller and work great but my drug company for insurance doesn't like to
cover them because they are more expensive then the crappy ones.
It's a fight every year.

Anything stuck on my skin would wig me out. I'll figure out a way to keep chugging down the pills until some better option comes along. Speaking of which, there was someone in one of the FB groups a few days ago who took photos of her "vitamin shots" that she has prescribed. They are injections. I didn't follow the thread but people were commenting that they would want that option. So, have any of you heard of injection vitamins that you take monthly???

Anything stuck on my skin would wig me out. I'll figure out a way to keep chugging down the pills until some better option comes along. Speaking of which, there was someone in one of the FB groups a few days ago who took photos of her "vitamin shots" that she has prescribed. They are injections. I didn't follow the thread but people were commenting that they would want that option. So, have any of you heard of injection vitamins that you take monthly???

I have a friend (VSG) who gets injectable B-12, but that's the only injectable she gets. She does it by choice.

They are injections. I didn't follow the thread but people were commenting that they would want that option. So, have any of you heard of injection vitamins that you take monthly???
B12 is the only one that many get often.
D and A are available as an injectable but getting the prescription and finding a compounding pharmacy sometimes takes an act of God.

My experience with patches was negative

I tried the D patches for a year, while continuing my 150,000 IU daily, hoping to top up my D, before deciding whether I could decrease my oral
Testing every three months noted a DECLINE in my D levels, and increase in my PTH. After a year, I stopped the patch and continued the 150,000 D and my levels bounced back up. Coincidence? But certainly not going to jeapordize my D levels on these results

and the glue was annoying on my skin

I was hoping for success, as most sellers will no longer ship high dose dry D to Canada and the Patch might have been an option

I recently saw a FB posting on Thrive patches as a diet aid. It makes me angry that they sell this crap to people who are desperate to lose weight.
A little off-topic, but a friend gave me 2 sample patches of one of the Thrive patches for energy. I did notice a difference..i wasnt dragging through the day. However I didnt purchase them bc they are hella expensive. She also gave me a sample pack of vites but I trashed those bc i read the label and immediately saw it wpukdnt do anything for the levels of Bs and fat solubles that i require.

A little off-topic, but a friend gave me 2 sample patches of one of the Thrive patches for energy. I did notice a difference..i wasnt dragging through the day. However I didnt purchase them bc they are hella expensive. She also gave me a sample pack of vites but I trashed those bc i read the label and immediately saw it wpukdnt do anything for the levels of Bs and fat solubles that i require.

Be careful with all those B's. I know you hear all about how we need so much but a LOT of us are high in B6 and that's not good!

Latest posts

Back