Panic Attack???

Sheanie

Yesterday while in the checkout lane, I had what I am pretty sure was a panic attack. The whole trip was......odd. I didnt feel comfortable once inside the store. At all. Ignoring my instincts, I quickly located my items, most of them unavailable. Didnt use my reusable bags. Maintained distance, etc.

But at checkout, I maintained my 6 feet from the person ahead, but the old guy in his amigo kept bumping my butt. Huge trigger. My worst bitch face failed. He starts calling me Beautiful, is that my name? Uh, and no, you CANNOT have the rest of my coffee. I am sure he thought he was funny, kept inching back and forward, in order to make the beeping sound. Normally, with him not in an amigo, I would have butted his cart away. So I got pissed, and my chest gets all tight. Felt faint, dizzy, chest pains. That fucker.

I am not going out alone again.

Yeah, it was probably a panic attack.

Oh, and unless you disinfect the reusable shopping bags after each use, ditch them til this is over. The virus can live on the fabric for weeks (2).

Yeah, it was probably a panic attack.

Oh, and unless you disinfect the reusable shopping bags after each use, ditch them til this is over. The virus can live on the fabric for weeks (2).
Yeah, I have ditched the bags. Saw that on TV. What bugs me is people hoarding all the TP. I think the panicky look on peoples faces is what got me. Not really the old guy in his amigo, but he was the last straw.

My TMJ has also severely flared up. Wearing my bite guard 24/7, but my jaw still locked on me. My therapy exercises are working for now.

Agree, was probably panic attack. So sorry. Also, maybe make a mask for yourself to wear the next time you go out and plan to change and shower right away upon re-entry to your home - to mitigate those who can't stay 6ft apart and act with civility?

I have had to tell 4-5 people while waiting in line at stores to back the eff up, or at least that’s what I wanted to say. I said something else, slightly kinder but very forcefully and I definitely got my point across. They backed up. Teaching people what 6 ft distance is, is annoying. I don’t even try to be subtle; not these days. Especially because a lot of the stores have put tape on the ground so it’s super easy to know what the proper distance should be. (Rant over)

I have had to tell 4-5 people while waiting in line at stores to back the eff up, or at least that’s what I wanted to say. I said something else, slightly kinder but very forcefully and I definitely got my point across. They backed up. Teaching people what 6 ft distance is, is annoying. I don’t even try to be subtle; not these days. Especially because a lot of the stores have put tape on the ground so it’s super easy to know what the proper distance should be. (Rant over)
Oh yeah. This guy saw the black line. He didnt care. Next time, I will let my Inner Bitch out to play. She hasnt been out lately, and is getting antsy.

Oh yeah. This guy saw the black line. He didnt care. Next time, I will let my Inner Bitch out to play. She hasnt been out lately, and is getting antsy.

how are you doing, Sheanie?

I'm embarrassed to say at the grocery store this morning someone had to point out to me the place I was supposed to stand. I went to the self checkout area and was so distracted I didn't notice he was on a "stand here" sign and then there were blue Xs 6 feet apart.
I asked an employee how is she doing and she said, well I didn't cry even once at work yesterday but I did when I got home.

people need to be kind to each other. for the most part, I think we all know this as the other shoppers were all extra friendly and polite, but in a tippy-toe way. like we know we want to connect but we aren't sure how.

weird times.

Yeah, I usually am polite, smiling, happy. Picture granny in Tweety Bird singing "Love Ya, Love Ya, Honey".......

But this facade might break, next time an old guy bumps my butt with his amigo basket. I feel sorry for him, in advance.

If it makes you feel better, I think I had a panic attack just sitting at the computer. I have a tendency to inflate things and I am overwhelmed at times with even the virus jokes. DH has always been my stabilizing point. He knows how to care about things without getting crazy. I have yet to learn that skill.

Since approximately 38 months ago, my dentist has had far more patients with pain from teeth grinding and jaw clenching, even for long time patients who have never had the problem before.

Stress. It’s NOT all in your head.

Since approximately 38 months ago, my dentist has had far more patients with pain from teeth grinding and jaw clenching, even for long time patients who have never had the problem before.

Stress. It’s NOT all in your head.
Yes. Gus has had way more than his usual toothache calls, from what I gather, they are bruxers, like me, who are cracking teeth.

TMJ flare ups are also increasing. I am doing my therapy exercises, which help.

Latest posts

Back