On our way home!

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
After about 5 hours in the ER last night Dr k released us to go home. Cameron is healing slowly but everything on CT last night checked out. He was a little dehydrated but good otherwise medically.

What a guy Dr K is. He came in on a Sunday night and spent an hour with us showing us the CT, the meckels pathology (clean) and gave Cameron a regional pain block. He also talked with is for a good while about life in genersl. He is a good family man who truly cares about his patient's entire well being.

Cameron is doing better today but it will be a slow heal.

Thanks for the well wishes and support. This is going to be good for Cameron.

Btw I think I convinced my Step Mother to not get the RNY with Marshall (won't do DS due to her age) and pretty certain she is going to seek the DS with Dr K.

I'm glad Cameron is doing better, even if progress is slow, and that you are both able to go home. That alone will be a good feeling.

And also glad for your stepmother regarding choice of operation and surgeon. I don't know how old she is (and I'm not rude enough to ask) but I will tell you that I have a friend, someone who does not post here, who had the DS with Dr. Rabkin at age 62 and did just fine, and I know she's not the only one.

oh that is wonderful news! On the part of Cameron and step mom! yep. progress is slow, but it is progress. I am so thankful for you guys that this worked out like it did.

Great news! So glad that y'all are able to leave so soon! Dr. K. just seems to continue to show us what a great man, an excellent caregiver, and a skillful cutter he is!

So happy for your Aunt, too!

I'm glad Cameron is doing better, even if progress is slow, and that you are both able to go home. That alone will be a good feeling.

And also glad for your stepmother regarding choice of operation and surgeon. I don't know how old she is (and I'm not rude enough to ask) but I will tell you that I have a friend, someone who does not post here, who had the DS with Dr. Rabkin at age 62 and did just fine, and I know she's not the only one.
Hahaha Rudy! :p

Just kidding. I think she is 62, but not 100% sure. I do know my Dad is 75.

Dianna, Cameron and I are certainly glad to be on our way home, although I really don't want to go to work tomorrow. As much as I would like to skip tomorrow I have to provide a briefing to two different VP's so probably need to go. :D

Latest posts

Back