On my way home

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Charris, Dec 21, 2017.

Charris

Charris Well-Known Member

Well I got to Dr. K'S this morning. Of course as everyone knows if everything went as planned I would not be involved. Procedure was scheduled for 730. Well of course I have no veins so Silly has a port. GREAT A PORT THAT NO ONE EVER HAS A HUBER NEEDLE TO ACCESS. The anesthesiologist decided to stick me 5 times in my right arm. IN ALL MY ILLNESS NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO USE THOSE GREAT VEINS THEY SEE IN MY RIGHT ARM. AFTER THE 5th I told her you are not sticking me one more time in my right arm. She got PISSED. I know my body you don't. So they used a small inferior one in my hand with a baby 24. Yea the nurse had to keep traction on the site to get it to run. So after 30 minutes of poking and proding we went in. DR K was gone by the time I woke up. He told my daughter everything went well. Well that's the end of that for awhile.

Thanks everyone. I just hope me delivering my baby colon and posting about it will help someone else to avoid the devastating results that could have been had I went ahead and decided to wait to have my hernia repaired......

DianaCox

DianaCox Bad Cop

Oh Clarissa - I hope this is your LAST surgery EVER. Unless you want a little nip-tuck - but I'd question your sanity if you did!

Spiky Bugger and Charris like this.
    Charris

I know @DianaCox@DianaCox I was going to do arms, legs and breast. I have been kind of debating that decision since the colon issue. If anything maybe just the arms because it' not major he said he can do them in his OR in his office. The breast are definitely out but I really really want my legs done. Honestly, being a hop skip and a jump from 50 I think good sense may prevail. We'll see

JackieOnLine likes this.
    JackieOnLine

JackieOnLine Moderator Staff Member

I'm so glad, now heal! :thumbup:

Charris likes this.
    hilary1617

hilary1617 First time at the rodeo.

Wishing you speedy healing and a wonderful, safe and healthy future!!!

Charris likes this.
    k9ophile

k9ophile Well-Known Member

Being home for Christmas is the best gift for you and Toot.

Charris likes this.
    southernlady

southernlady Administrator Staff Member

Take it easy. Glad you got sprung.

Charris and Susan in Tennessee like this.
    Settledownnow

Settledownnow Well-Known Member

Be well, Clarissa! Wishing you a smooth recovery.

Charris likes this.
    Whit

Whit Well-Known Member

Hello Clarissa, Im think about you. How are you doing? I hope you are taking care of yourself.
    Best

Charris likes this.
    galaxygrrl

galaxygrrl Well-Known Member

Sending you warm and speedy recovery wishes.

Charris likes this.
    Charris

Im doing well Whit thanks for asking just trucking away at getting better. I just posted some pics

JackieOnLine likes this.