ODOR ELIMINATORS!!!

@DSRIGGS It is strong, although I don't find it offensive. I do disagree - it may not cover up your BM smell, but it does mine. YMMV IMO

But then again I have a sentimental attachment to Axe. Back in the day, it was called Lynx and only available in the UK.

My future husband (now ex, but I still like the guy) was a British soldier posted to Canada. Lynx was so popular (all 3 scents) that it was nicknamed "Squaddy Spray" (squaddy being a slang term for soldier).

So maybe that's why I don't find it offensive. It reminds me of young (and dumb) love :D

As the Father of 21 and 19 year old boys that have used Axe for years i have to tell you that the axe spray is god awful offensive and doesn't mask anything. It is just axe flavored poop or BO stink at that point and to me is far worse.

I haven't bought poopouri or ozium but the only think that remotely helps besides good matches is Febreeze and even that just helps some. JMO
Have to agree with you there, Axe body spray alone Is god awful, but with warm undertones of oily crap might be just enough to gag a maggot!!!

Bath and Body has small room fresheners. Very handy, and strong enough for the job! Lol lots of fragrances too

I've started some research on dealing with this wonderful stench issue that's growing in strength with my bathroom trips. I'm an ICU nurse and remember well this issue when years ago I cared for many cystic fibrosis patients. Their poop stinks like a DS'r. I don't much care about the issue at home since I don't share a bathroom with anyone but when I return to work this is going to be a problem. Either I find some way to alleviate it or I need to start handing out little canaries to coworkers before they venture near the bathroom.. I bought some of that "Just a drop" stuff, and it does seem to help a little. I read here on using the dawn/water spray bottle prior to thwart the oil slick. I will try that too. I figured I would put together a bathroom emergency preparedness pack for work and add to it all useful products. I do need some product suggestions and reviews please. There are some very good biological waste odor elimination sprays that in the medical field we use for ostomy patients. But I would love to hear of what does or doesn't work for you. Thanks.

I have the Poop from Hell I guess. Poo-pourri only works so well because when I go, I tend to REALLY go and there's a nice little mountain of poo that towers above the water level (TMI I know lol). Ozium? It doesn't even make a dent in the stench that is "my brand" :D I've gotten to the point where I just don't care... bathrooms are for eliminating else they wouldn't have toilets, and my poop is just as worthy as anyone else's. It's MORE worthy, if only due to the strength of it's aroma. ;) I regularly poop at school because my body just naturally needs to go somewhere between 7am and 8am, and my first class is at 8am so there's nothing really I can do about it... bombs away! Seriously, I used to be soooo worried about going in public but I took to heart some words that @DSRIGGS said (thanks again Scott!!!) and that was that. I don't stress over it anymore. The problem existed only in my head.

That being said, I have a cruise scheduled for January and I'm sharing a cabin with a nice lady that I don't really know well. Fortunately there are public restrooms down the hall and that's where my crapstravaganzas will occur rather than in our shared cabin. Hmmm maybe I should equip her with a canary... LOL

BTW, aren't nurses supposed to be able to handle poop smells? Of anyone I would think that they would be the most tolerant of that sort of thing...
This is why I drop my daily deuce in the nursing/allied health care building at school... :D

Just to be clear - in the first month or two after surgery, our OWN noses are exquisitely over-sensitive. It's hard to tell if the smell emanating from our own butts that we are perceiving is ALL that bad (I was nearly retching for the first 10 days in particular - I had to put my face into the open window screen while sitting on the pot), or if it is actually that gross.

Our families tend to exaggerate, I think - I mean it IS worse than before, but I doubt it is AS bad as we think it is, due to our heightened olfactory sensitivity from the anesthesia.

I've never unleashed one deliberately though - I don't think I have that level of timing or control. :)

My family has been teasing me about my "paint peelers" for years so the post-DS thing is barely even noticed. However, they did shut my door one night when I was sick and they fed me a bunch of carbs. I was truly obnoxious that night - I even woke myself up with the stench. That'll teach 'em! bwahahahahaha

Well I just finished working my three 12 HR shifts in a row. No craptastrophy was encountered. I had my emergency preparedness kit on hand (it's bigger and more organized than my earthquake kit). I was very sure to eat not a gram of carb before work and I brought a few premier protein shakes. No temptation whatsoever when the nurses lounge was full of chocolates and pastries. I saw them and I smelled them and I wanted to eat them with a nice cup of tea, but the thought of crapping uncontrollably on my own shoes in full view of my peers soon put an end to a single morsel passing my fat lips. I didn't even dare allow a fart to escape but as soon as I got into my car to drive home I let one rip and oh sweet mother of god I made my own eyes water. It smelled so bad I swear I could taste it. Very glad I held tight to that while not alone. I survived my return to work. No extra scrubs were required. I am most thrilled.

Well I just finished working my three 12 HR shifts in a row. No craptastrophy was encountered. I had my emergency preparedness kit on hand (it's bigger and more organized than my earthquake kit). I was very sure to eat not a gram of carb before work and I brought a few premier protein shakes. No temptation whatsoever when the nurses lounge was full of chocolates and pastries. I saw them and I smelled them and I wanted to eat them with a nice cup of tea, but the thought of crapping uncontrollably on my own shoes in full view of my peers soon put an end to a single morsel passing my fat lips. I didn't even dare allow a fart to escape but as soon as I got into my car to drive home I let one rip and oh sweet mother of god I made my own eyes water. It smelled so bad I swear I could taste it. Very glad I held tight to that while not alone. I survived my return to work. No extra scrubs were required. I am most thrilled.
You survived! And so did your patients and co-workers!

Good job. I can't disagree enough with DSers who always post something along the lines of, "Hey, all farts stink." No, they do NOT. Regular farts stink. DS farts are worse than the Holocaust, slavery, Pearl Harbor and 9/11 combined to the 10th power multiplied by 162.

Last edited:
Good job. I can't disagree enough with DSers who always post something along the lines of, "Hey, all farts stink." No, the do NOT. Regular farts stink. DS farts are worse than the Holocaust, slavery, Pearl Harbor and 9/11 combined to the 10th power multiplied by 162.

I needed that laugh :D

Seems like I'd already thrown this out there, but don't see it now, so I'll just mention I know someone with a colostomy, who always has a tiny bottle of something called M6 with her, that is specifically for the smell of poop. I borrowed it to try, and was impressed, but it's not perfumed in any way.

Latest posts

Back