Nutrition Therapy

Yes I've heard of this but mainly as a pick me up after a night of drinking and having a hangover. I also know you can customize the cocktail to fit your needs. I've never seen it advertised as a vitamin supplement for malabsorption bariatric surgery though. This is great if it is indeed a real alternative to all the oral DS vitamins especially since it can be customized. I wonder how many treatments DS'ers would need in a month.

This appears to be nothing more than infusions that DS patients get on occasion if a certain value like iron is low.

There is no substitute for daily supplements and I can't imagine any insurance company who would cover the cost of infusions to cover all the supplements we require.

Yes I've heard of this but mainly as a pick me up after a night of drinking and having a hangover. I also know you can customize the cocktail to fit your needs.

Wow. I've heard of "oxygen therapy" for hangovers but never this!

I've never heard anything like this.

@DSRIGGS Even if we still took supplements, this sounds like a great way, like you said, to get something raised that was low. I'm self-pay so insurance wouldn't pay for it anyway. I just think it's interesting that it's out there and I'm kind of excited that it's in Atlanta. I might want/need to pursue it one day.

Wow. I've heard of "oxygen therapy" for hangovers but never this!

I've never heard anything like this.

@DSRIGGS Even if we still took supplements, this sounds like a great way, like you said, to get something raised that was low. I'm self-pay so insurance wouldn't pay for it anyway. I just think it's interesting that it's out there and I'm kind of excited that it's in Atlanta. I might want/need to pursue it one day.
Just because you are self pay now doesn't mean it will stay that way.

I would rather just stick with the pills/tablets unless something was critical low (like my ferritin was a year ago).

Giving infusions when certain things are low is what Hematologists do, and my understanding is that it is very expensive. I imagine this guy is going to be very pricey as well and by the look of the site I would make certain he isn't selling services that you don't need.

If your DS is done properly and you don't have some other major issues, following your daily vitamin regimen makes infusions something that is rarely needed. It looks nice an sounds like a silver bullet, but unfortunately there really are no silver bullets when it comes to supplementation. Infusions don't last long.

In fact last night and this morning I asked Dr K about and albumin infusion to boost me a bit. He told me that there are numerous stuides and the half life of albumin in the body is about 2-3 days.....so in other words I have an infusion today and 3 days later it is out of my body. That meant no go. He told me the only time he does albumin infusions is when a patient is going on TPN and this helps ramp them up, along with a banana bag.

Sorry to be Donnie Downer, I am just very skeptical of medical professionals who advertise like this.

I have done this before when my B-vits and others were really depleted, and I was run down, and having problems with allergies and eczema. I was also recovering from a bleeding ulcer and had concerns about ingesting too many vit/mins. I had a new doctor who offered this, and I asked to try it. I went for IV therapy once a week for a summer. It is just an IV infusion of vitamins, but one benefit is the high dose of Vit C without the GI upset. It was also recommended for me to do this prior to knee surgery to help support recovery (I did not do it). I think it is worthwhile if your vit/min stores are depleted and you are feeling run down, and need to get your levels up quickly. Here is the basic list of ingredients, but it can be customized: Vitamin C, Vitamin B-Complex, Calcium, Folic acid, magnesium, chloride, selenium, zinc, copper, manganese, chromium, and taurine.

No fat soluble vitamins are used. It would not be a substitute for vit/mins for RNY or DS.

Last edited:
Sort of sounds like fad/designer type pseudo-medicine to me. Like all those places that hype whatever weight loss pill is hot today. But I could certainly be wrong!

Latest posts

Back