NSV and another anniversary

newanatomy

I had another anniversary yesterday, I quit smoking to have my surgery two years ago! I am so happy to report that I have not touched a ciggy since. I also gave up the nicotine gum about 7 weeks before my surgery date so I would be nicotine free. I was so afraid I would be turned away from the surgery if they found any traces of nicotine that I made a pre-op plan and stuck to it. I knew that I had wanted this surgery for my health and that smoking could no longer be a part of my healthier life.

My DS has helped me in so many ways!

We finally became a smoke-free house (well, Charles and I - my daughter is smoking now) a few months ago - I actually have no idea when I quit though. I've been a smoker since I was 18, but I was never truly addicted to nicotine (go figure - I can't say I have an addictive personality, I guess!) - I've quit for extended periods of time in the past without being terribly troubled by it (more annoyed by not being able to have one at certain habitual times, like while having a drink, or after dinner, or while having a deep conversation). However, Charles was a heavy smoker and very very addicted - but he HAD to quit in order to have his abdominoplasty and multiple hernia repairs last September - he didn't quite quit, and was puffing on vape pens for quite a while, but he's now fully quit.

But, I LIKED smoking, and I would smoke again in a hot minute, except I know I shouldn't.

That's awesome...congratulations.
I haven't quit...still a smoker. My hubby quit going on two yrs now. He switched to electronic cig and then eventually gave that up too. I tried, but that just didn't work for me.
I know there are a million reasons why I SHOULD quit...but just not ready yet I guess.

That's awesome...congratulations.
I haven't quit...still a smoker. My hubby quit going on two yrs now. He switched to electronic cig and then eventually gave that up too. I tried, but that just didn't work for me.
I know there are a million reasons why I SHOULD quit...but just not ready yet I guess.

I used Chantix and it worked like a charm for me. just a FYI for when you're ready (which should be tomorrow LOL)

I miss smoking, I think I will always be addicted to nicotine. I hated being a smoker. I don't miss the stinky clothes, house, etc. I had quit once for eight years then, started again. What a moron, right!? I hope I am done for good this time! I think I have a very addictive personality. Scary, good thing I never got into drugs!

Latest posts

Back