Newby

Hi and welcome Chastiny! :) I see you posted an insurance question on a different thread. What procedure did you have previously and how would you like it to be revised?

Hi and welcome Chastiny! :) I see you posted an insurance question on a different thread. What procedure did you have previously and how would you like it to be revised?
Hello, I had Gastric Sleeve 9/2017 and I lost 31 lbs. My desire is revision to DS. I've been working with my nutritionists since 12 /2021 and have lost 39 lbs. My surgery was scheduled for 9/26/2022, however my Insurance (United Healthcare) denied my prior authorization. Per Rep, revision is only approved for technical failures such as bowel perforation, leaks,obstruction or staple-line failure.

None of the above apply to me, however I have diabetes (Take insulin daily), high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels. My Dr stated I could Appeal, however the surgery scheduler is managing 3 sites and can review my Appeal as quick as possible. So here I am, as confused however still determined to win this fight.

Any help?

Hello, I had Gastric Sleeve 9/2017 and I lost 31 lbs. My desire is revision to DS. I've been working with my nutritionists since 12 /2021 and have lost 39 lbs. My surgery was scheduled for 9/26/2022, however my Insurance (United Healthcare) denied my prior authorization. Per Rep, revision is only approved for technical failures such as bowel perforation, leaks,obstruction or staple-line failure.

None of the above apply to me, however I have diabetes (Take insulin daily), high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels. My Dr stated I could Appeal, however the surgery scheduler is managing 3 sites and can review my Appeal as quick as possible. So here I am, as confused however still determined to win this fight.

Any help?
What is your current BMI?
Did I enter my reply correct?
Yes, you did.

Now get a copy of your Explanation of Benefits from your HR department. It’s a document about 80-100 plus pages. You need to know exactly what YOUR policy says.

Ok sure will,
I previously has Gastric Sleeve and appealing revision to DS. How do I ask for help with the appeal? Insurance denied revision due to no technical issues and denied peer to peer

Latest posts

Back