Nora

hello, I'm from So. Cal. Just starting the options classes this month with Kaiser. I was initially looking into getting VSG but have recently come across information for DS and believe that is a better option. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Talk to Dr Keshishian dssurgery.com.....best in the business.

welcome @Nora!
I revised from lap band to DS a couple of months ago. I had briefly considered just going with the sleeve but after reviewing my dieting history I decided that the DS was a much better match. It is a really good thing that you are exploring your options! Good luck to you no matter what your decision.

HI @Nora - so glad you are here! there is lots of info on here just read the forums and you can search for specific words too. We are all pretty DS positive, but there are lots of VSGs too. Personally, had a lapband and had it removed then the DS. 5 1/2 months ago - best thing I ever did for myself and also for my family. The wife thanks me all the time and says she is glad to have me back. Keep us posted on your decision and progress.

Hello and welcome! You'll find a wealth of information, experience and support here.

Welcome! Lots of big decisions ahead for you.

Personally, I knew that in time I would out eat the VSG so the DS was the only option for me. I also have high familial cholesterol and cannot take statins so needed the fat malabsorption of the DS.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back