New Weight Loss Surgery

I'm a natural skeptic, but it looked and sounded like a VSG, but with less trauma during the surgery. Curious to see about the rate of leaks as well.

Oh Barb, I must have missed your post. I posted this yesterday too! Great minds think alike!

I am still trying to fiqure out this sight and where to post. I didn't realize it wouldn't show on the homepage when posting in the newsworthy forum. I have some mixed feeling about this and wanted to see what other people thought. Where did you post @newanatomy ?

You did it just right. I am just a little slow on the uptake this week. I posted in the Main forum. At least, we got the message out there.

I'm confuzzled. Looking for Newanatomys post as well to see what folks are thinking about this.

It looks to me like a sort of stopgap option for people who are unable to undergo a full fledged surgery for whatever reasons. There would be no reduction in ghrelin and no metabolic change. Restriction only, the end. So some people might lose SOME weight, maybe enough to make a full fledged WLS (*ahem* DS) possible.

It might also be an option for people who are not all that obese, kind of a "better than a band" option.....maybe. I'm very skeptical.

I was thinking the same for people who didn't have a lot to lose. I think it is probably better than the diet pills I did in the 70's and all that other crap that made me gain lose gain more! I don't know what choice I would make if I were really young with not a lot to lose but in the end I would still end up with the DS. I really wish I knew about the DS around 1999. I never heard anything about the DS and I was on OH then.

I thought it might appeal to some people who thought they didn't get enough restriction, as a revision perhaps.

It's not going to be even as long-lasting as the sleeve, and has no metabolic benefits. And I wonder what happens when some of the stitches come undone, and partially digested food ends up in a dead-end channel of the stomach to rot?

Latest posts

Back