new today looking for fellow DSers

revisionDS

hi all,

I just found this website today. I am a band to DS revision going on 5 years. not doing well the last 2.5 years, lost my restriction and started gaining weight, anyway, would be nice to hear others stories. I am not familiar with navigating around this site so I may need some help...thanks so much!!! Jen

My Band-to-DS revision was almost nine years ago. I have less restriction than I did back when, but the malabsorption is still working.

I never got slim and trim, but I lost +/-120 pounds from my highest weight and I run 8-15 pounds above my lowest post-op weight...so I'm doing okay.

One thing I need to remind myself of is that if I FILL UP on steak and eggs and cheese...so much so that there's not really room for much more...I lose weight. If I eat "small portions" of those things, I finish them and start eating carbs and gain weight.

What going on with you?

Sue

thanks Sue for reaching out....I think it is a combination of things....first when I lost my restriction I found it real hard, and since you had the band you know what I mean about having restriction. I have gained about 35% of my DS weight that I lost. I like what you said about filling up on steak and eggs and cheese and losing weight. I think maybe I need to up those portions, I know this sounds simple ( and duuuh) and I have been trying to do that but those gosh darn cravings oh my gosh, wonder if it is eating small portions of those things and start eating carbs....so I am going to say something real stupid.....I have tried many times and by day 2 I cave into carbs, ....wonder if it is because I am older, perimenapause? who knows? I have to do something, I have scoliosis and lower back issues and they are coming back now....feel free to flog me....

thanks Sue for reaching out....I think it is a combination of things....first when I lost my restriction I found it real hard, and since you had the band you know what I mean about having restriction. I have gained about 35% of my DS weight that I lost. I like what you said about filling up on steak and eggs and cheese and losing weight. I think maybe I need to up those portions, I know this sounds simple ( and duuuh) and I have been trying to do that but those gosh darn cravings oh my gosh, wonder if it is eating small portions of those things and start eating carbs....so I am going to say something real stupid.....I have tried many times and by day 2 I cave into carbs, ....wonder if it is because I am older, perimenapause? who knows? I have to do something, I have scoliosis and lower back issues and they are coming back now....feel free to flog me....
I'm no poster girl...and I'm 67 years old...so peri-menopausal doesn't impress me! Lol

And I eat garbage all the time. Just not ENTIRE BAGS of peanut butter cups! When I start foraging through junk food, eventually a lightbulb goes on and I realize that I'm probably craving protein.

I have NEVER been able to give up carbs. But I have been able to eat a little less.

So...go do the oven-cooked bacon thing and snack on that...and maybe an all-or-nothing approach isn't all that easy or successful? Do you know from Brok's Pizza and Val's Ricotta Fluff? I can't do the fluff, but lots of people can!

Hi @revisionDS -- I don't know much about the DS, as I had the RNY back in 2009. My surgeon wasn't offering the DS at that time. So I can't offer much advise on the DS - I just wanted to stop by and say WELCOME! I hope you find all the support you need here. Enjoy your stay ;)

J.

pinkgirlwelcomeyc3.gif

oh my gosh, that is me all or nothing, wow I am impressed not into brok's pizza, cant remember the last time I had pizza, I eat a lot of fruit, microwave popcorn, chobani (3-4/day),yes all those things I should not eat, one day I ate 1 lb of bing cherries, and i had my yearly blood work 2 weeks, and my tprot, albumin and prealbumin is excellenty, but I think now I am "scared" that I am failing now, very scary. I think I need to eat more protein....that is obvious I actually have eaten bacon every day since my DS , with and egg for breakfast (with very few days exception) and make it in the microwave on papertowels. thanks again everyone......I am going to keep reading....not sure how to PM someone? thanks

oh my gosh, that is me all or nothing, wow I am impressed not into brok's pizza, cant remember the last time I had pizza, I eat a lot of fruit, microwave popcorn, chobani (3-4/day),yes all those things I should not eat, one day I ate 1 lb of bing cherries, and i had my yearly blood work 2 weeks, and my tprot, albumin and prealbumin is excellenty, but I think now I am "scared" that I am failing now, very scary. I think I need to eat more protein....that is obvious I actually have eaten bacon every day since my DS , with and egg for breakfast (with very few days exception) and make it in the microwave on papertowels. thanks again everyone......I am going to keep reading....not sure how to PM someone? thanks
Here's the link to the pizza recipe, with photos...
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/D...-record-Broks-Low-carb-pizza-is-the-SCHIZNIT/

You can search for the recipe w/out photos here. Go to upper right hand corner and enter Brok as the search.

Howdy and welcome. Nobody ever said it would be easy :). But I suspect that you know perfectly well what things need to decrease and increase in your diet in order to battle the bulge.

What helps me is this (when I follow it): I consume at least 30 grams of protein from food in a sitting before I allow myself to eat other stuff. That way I fill up better and automatically consume less of the stuff that packs on weight.

It's all about choices. One choice at a time, you can change what you put in your mouth. Are you in control of your life, or are the cravings in charge of you? YOU decide.

At least SOME of the time, you can eat what nourishes you and then go do something else with your time instead of obsessing about a craving. It's not about all or nothing. It's about "doing more of the right stuff." "All or nothing" is simply an excuse for not doing the right things that you already KNOW to do.

Here's the link to the pizza recipe, with photos...
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/D...-record-Broks-Low-carb-pizza-is-the-SCHIZNIT/

You can search for the recipe w/out photos here. Go to upper right hand corner and enter Brok as the search.
I'm the type of person who could eat pizza every day of the week and NEVER become bored of it.
I have to try this recipe! Looks scrumptious and quite inventive. Protein packed and a little guilt free = Perfection.
Hope it tastes as good as the pictures on OH. Gonna copy/paste that recipe in our forums!

J.

I'm the type of person who could eat pizza every day of the week and NEVER become bored of it.
I have to try this recipe! Looks scrumptious and quite inventive. Protein packed and a little guilt free = Perfection.
Hope it tastes as good as the pictures on OH. Gonna copy/paste that recipe in our forums!

J.
I think it's there. Search Brok.

Latest posts

Back