New here!

KittyMom2

Hello all! :)

I'm so happy to have found this site! I had my RNY in MA in 2007 and never lost more than 100lbs. I've been living on less than 30 carbs a day and exercise as much as I can at my weight. I've had full work ups in every area and all consensus is that RNY wasn't the right surgery for me. I desperately want to revise to DS. The surgeon I've been having all my follow up with suggested SIPS but I'm set on DS so I came here to find surgeon suggestions. I found some great names that you've all suggested and I'm planning on choosing one soon. Hoping to connect with others who have revised from RNY to DS and who have traveled within the US to do their surgery.

Hope to chat soon!

I was a virgin DS, so no help to you there, but WELCOME. If it was me I'd go DS rather than SIPS/SADI but that's my .02

Hi and welcome!
It just amazes me that, after one bariatric operation didn't work well for you, a surgeon would recommend an unproven, experimental and non-standard of care operation for your revision, rather than a standard of care operation with the documented best results of any bariatric surgery. I'm glad you're here and hope you can get to a real DS surgeon to have your revision.

BTW I am very biased because I love the man, but Dr Keshishian in LA is the best revision surgeon in the world and just an incredibly great guy. His aftercare follow up is just unbelievable and you can consult we it him over the phone or email. R as bin is is good aa well from what I am tild.

The RNY to DS revision is a very challenging surgery so there are only a handful I'm the we old capable /trustworthy enough to do this surgery right.

Ayoola in Texas is another one who I hear is good. Greenbaum in jersey does some revisions but I hear is very selective and I think Gagner in Canada is the other one.

Best of luck in your search and this whole endeavor.

BTW I am very biased because I love the man, but Dr Keshishian in LA is the best revision surgeon in the world and just an incredibly great guy. His aftercare follow up is just unbelievable and you can consult we it him over the phone or email. R as bin is is good aa well from what I am tild.

The RNY to DS revision is a very challenging surgery so there are only a handful I'm the we old capable /trustworthy enough to do this surgery right.

Ayoola in Texas is another one who I hear is good. Greenbaum in jersey does some revisions but I hear is very selective and I think Gagner in Canada is the other one.

Best of luck in your search and this whole endeavor.

Thank you very much for the info! I have contacted both Dr. K and Dr. Greenbaum just in the past day or two and I'm trying to find out what will work out best for me. I really appreciate all the advice and warm welcomes from everyone here! I will definitely keep you all posted on where I end up! :)

Hi and welcome @KittyMom2 . I wish you the best. Dr. Keshishian is the first name that comes to my mind for great DS revision surgeons. Best wishes on your quest!

Thank you very much for the info! I have contacted both Dr. K and Dr. Greenbaum just in the past day or two and I'm trying to find out what will work out best for me. I really appreciate all the advice and warm welcomes from everyone here! I will definitely keep you all posted on where I end up! :)
If you do end up going with Greenbaum who has a very good reputation, please insist that he do the Hess Method. He doesn't do that as standard but we have learned that he will if you tell him that you want it. If you don't know what the Hess Method DS entails and why I think it is so very important please ask me.

Best wishes and great job researching and your will to make this surgery the last one and one that gives you what you want and need (you deserve it)!

If you do end up going with Greenbaum who has a very good reputation, please insist that he do the Hess Method. He doesn't do that as standard but we have learned that he will if you tell him that you want it. If you don't know what the Hess Method DS entails and why I think it is so very important please ask me.

Best wishes and great job researching and your will to make this surgery the last one and one that gives you what you want and need (you deserve it)!

Thank you!!! I've heard of it, I think. Does it relate to tailoring the lengths to the patient instead of one size fits all? If you have time to elaborate then that's great but if not then I'll certainly research it!

Latest posts

Back