Needing a Sleeve surgeon in Atlanta Ga

SkinnyBonz38

Hello All!

I am wanting info on surgeons in the Atlanta Ga area please? I have Cardiomyopathy and am morbidly obese. Who boy that sounds like a monster!
I have attended two wls sessions. The first session the surgeon admitted he tried WW twice and finally lost weight. So I thought I would go that route. I didn't stick with it.
The second session I attended in December the surgeon was quite obese herself, and by the time I met her again in January she was BIGGER! Needless to say I'm quite confused and still not 100% sure about wls anyway. I need the surgery to take the load off my heart but also afraid the surgery itself will put too much stress on my heart. When I met with the second surgeon she said she would have my cardio doc in the room.
I'm still so uncertain. I do look forward to drinking lots of water because currently I have fluid and sodium limits of 1 liter and 1000 mg respectively. I want a healthy heart more than anything!

Whether or not to have bariatric surgery is a very personal decision. It sounds like you have some good reasons, but it's still something only you can decide.
Doctors are people too, with the same medical problems as anyone else. That includes bariatric surgeons. There are doctors who are obese, doctors who smoke (seems unbelievable but true), doctors who get cancer, etc etc. If that particular surgeon is not your cup of tea, fine, but the fact that she is obese herself is no more meaningful for your personal decision that the fact that the first surgeon successfully lost weight with WW. It's about you, not them.

Latest posts

Back