Need good thoughts and prayers

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Had a text from a son in law this morning.

Oldest daughter was hit by a truck yesterday (she was walking to her car in a crosswalk) and is thankfully okay but very bruised with two broken wrists. She's going to have a tough recovery but is in great spirits and is home. We appreciate all the kind thoughts and prayers as she will need them throughout her recovery.

Dh was getting in the shower when the text came in...read enough to tell me to read it! So I did, then called, EXPECTING to talk to my MIL. Actually talked to daughter. She was in a good mood considering she had two casts from the middle of her fingers to up above her elbows. (They just got her in casts in the ER). She was going to get into an ortho to get the casts redone and hopefully free up her elbows at least.

She sent an email (HOW, I don't know) to her boss...she works IT at the hospital where she ended up in the ER. Then she was able to get a cell signal, called him and told him, "Read Email ASAP, bye". He was still there so he came down to the ER to give her moral support. Altho at one point, he said..."you do know you have a hole in your pants at your butt". She said, GEE THANKS!!

Personal hygiene is going to be a real issue for her for awhile. And I really hope she has taught her dh how to change her insulin pump cannella (she's a type 1 on a pump). Cause she's not gonna have the ability to do it herself for about 6 weeks.

We are just lucky she is alive. Driver said he just didn't see her.

TWO broken wrists??? How awful. Hope she heals quickly... and your SIL handles the personal hygiene assistance with grace. (She'll be able to do a lot with her elbows freed.)

TWO broken wrists??? How awful. Hope she heals quickly... and your SIL handles the personal hygiene assistance with grace. (She'll be able to do a lot with her elbows freed.)
Thanks, Clematis...yeah, but she has to GET them freed first. Didn't talk to her late this afternoon so don't know if she has gotten an appt yet. I suspect SIL will be graceful about what needs doing. He is a gem.

thoughts and prayers to her and family! My goodness what a mess. I am glad she is ok. Don't hesitate to use home health to help with the insulin pump and blood sugars as needed till she can do it herself.
sending good thoughts!

How scary and so glad to hear she is ok. Home health nurse sounds like a good plan...although the one I had after surgery was useless. Your Daughter may have an in being affiliated with the hospital. Good thoughts for all!
Best
Whit

It sounds like she's in good hands wither DH and other family members. Sending good thoughts for healing.

What a scare! Glad it wasn't more serious. The broken wrists sound awful. Glad she has a sweet husband by her side.

She might want to consider getting a Toto Washlet - if she has patience, it will wash AND air dry her, and it has a remote she can use even with casts on her wrists. I hope she heals quickly!

Liz, I'm so sorry for the scare and your daughter's suffering. Two casts are going to be rough - hope her DH is very attentive.

Latest posts

Back