Nearly 10 years out. Lost 170lbs. Gained 30lbs - losing it again.

I had a bit of a rebound around year 4, but am pretty stable now. I'd like to take a few more pounds off if I can do that without giving up pizza, lol.

May I ask what you are doing to take the regain back off? Just watching carbs, or more?

I had a bit of a rebound around year 4, but am pretty stable now. I'd like to take a few more pounds off if I can do that without giving up pizza, lol.

May I ask what you are doing to take the regain back off? Just watching carbs, or more?

Hi Bearmom,
Not counting carbs as such. I find I lose the plot when I start watching every carb number and eat worse than before. The way I have managed to lose 8lbs so far is avoid booze/chocolate/candy/bread on weekdays. Even when it gets to the weekend I am not craving things. (e.g. went to the cinema on Saturday and it did not cross my mind to get my usual popcorn and ice cream).
I am not 100% strict - e.g. I went to the fridge to get my cooked sausages for work and found my partner had eaten them! (I am not ashamed to say I actually felt my eyes fill with tears of rage, briefly. He was lucky he had left for work).
So I had a sandwich today. Before - I would have thrown in the towel and said 'ok, today is messed up. I may as well eat what I like'. However something in me has switched and I pray it continues.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back