Must have been a carb loaded DS'r

newanatomy

http://www.womansday.com/life/trave...s-on-a-plane-and-causes-an-emergency-landing/

Airplanes sometimes have a weird smell, but the odor emanating from this Dubai-bound British Airways flight was so awful, the pilot reversed course...just a half-hour into the seven-hour trip. And it reportedly all stemmed from a passenger using the potty.

Insane! Our BA flight to Dubai returned back to Heathrow because of a smelly poo in the toilet! 15hrs until next flight... #britishairways

— Abhishek Sachdev (@CllrAbhiSach) March 12, 2015

Though it's unlikely that a crew member announced that the abrupt rerouting was the result of, as the British politician above said, "a smelly poo," from accounts like Sachdev's, it seems that the stench was unmistakably fecal in nature.

We're not sure if the passengers would've preferred to deal with the offensive bowel movement for another six-and-a-half hours to arrive at their destination on time, but the decision was made to get everyone off the vessel of nasal horrors.

The airline foot the bill for those onboard to stay at a hotel that night before their rescheduled flight the next day.

As for who's responsible for the defecation of doom, his or her identity is still unknown. And we don't know whether to feel worse for the delayed travelers or this super pooper.

:ROFLMAO::laugh::ROFLMAO::laugh:.....Well, I must say, the timing of this is really hitting home! We have about a four hour flight to California leaving in just 5 days and I just got “tagged teamed” lectured and ganged up on today by my two girls telling me how I MUST take the aisle seat and NOT the window seat like I usually do so that if/when I need to “pass gas” on the flight, I MUST go to the bathroom to do it!

The day before the flight, cease and desist essentially all carb intake. Get up super early (if the flight is early), drink lots of coffee to clean out before getting on the plane. And don't fall asleep if you tend to let loose in your sleep. Take some Devrom if you're really worried about it.

Some people use Flagyl to tone down the smell on a short-term basis - I recommend against it.

I leave for Ireland in a month and a half. I did fine on the way to Italy (18 hours of travel) but the flight home was rough. I ate oatmeal for breakfast in Rome! How stupid can anyone be? I don't know what I was thinking!! I just thought it would feel so good on my tummy. I was gassy and bloated for about 6 hours, horrible. I will not be eating carbs before I leave for Ireland or before my flight home. I just wish there were more food options while flying, all they serve is carb heavy junk food. I bring some snacks, I just want some real food sometimes.

Latest posts

Back