Meat

DianaCox

Bad Cop
What are your favorites?

Shenson corned beef - from Costco (the version at Safeway is inferior). We made one with little red and white potatoes and white cabbage, steamed in the Ninja. It served 7 adults and 2 little girls, and I saved one final meal, then made the rest into corned beef hash with 2 white potatoes and a white onion, chopped and cooked in the Ninja with some liquid from the steaming step. Delish!

El Pollo Loco chicken.

Costco Morton's TriTip grilled o the rotisserie.

Pickled herring.

Filet mignon, seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder, grilled on the BBQ, and topped with mushrooms and shallots sauteed in butter and garlic olive oil.

Ground beef sloppy Joe with extra tomatoes, on one piece of dark bread.

Dog turd stew (kielbasa, red beans and rice, diced tomatoes and whatever other veggies you can throw in it).

Brisket - braised with onion soup mix
Chicken piccata
bacon
rib eye steak plain or with crab and béarnaise sauce
Cornish game hen with chanterelle mushrooms in cream gravy
prime rib with lots of au jus and horseradish
lobster - I know, not a "meat" still a favorite!

Favorite meats:
Roast chicken, love the skin
Pork in almost any form
STEAK!
Did I mention steak?
Prime rib...and like NA, love the au jus and horseradish with it.
I'm currently (prior to yesterday) on a pot roast kick.

OMG - how could I forget roast turkey skin? I just ordered our 25 lb Willie Bird yesterday - now I can dream and drool about the skin that is MINE, ALL MINE, because everyone else knows it isn't good for them. Well, I'll only have to share SOME of it.

OMG - how could I forget roast turkey skin? I just ordered our 25 lb Willie Bird yesterday - now I can dream and drool about the skin that is MINE, ALL MINE, because everyone else knows it isn't good for them. Well, I'll only have to share SOME of it.
I HAVE to share...dh knows better...he KNOWS it's good for him. But neither of us share with anyone else. :)

Over the summer we had the most wonderful pulled pork from a place in East Lansing. Specialty place, I forget the name. But it was TO DIE FOR good. So good I actually stole some from the bridal shower I attended and took it home with me for the ride. So tender, it melted in my mouth. No heavy sauce or spices, just pork. That must have been one special pig. (I cannot imagine being a vegetarian)

rare NY strip steak, medium rare fantastic burgers, spatchcocked grilled chicken- but esp cornish hens grilled.. so drippy & fun to eat.. um.. a good hotdog with Wolf Brand chili, cheese and chopped onions (kinda stretching the "meat" definition there), but still. Best if the can is warmed in a campfire. Beware of repercussions later though.

wolf-brand-chili-varieties.jpg

Anything lamb.

So I was never a big meat lover, I know, people think that's weird, but I need my meat heavily seasoned with marinades, sauces or braising liquids to make them interesting to me. Luckily for me, Hubby and I are pretty darn talented in the kitchen :ROFLMAO:
My favorites these days are:
Kalbi- Korean BBQ short ribs
Bulgogi- Korean BBQ steak, I like to use the flap meat from Costco, juicy tender yumminess
Thai larb (all of the above get wrapped in lettuce leaves so low carb friendly bonus!)
Chili verde
Pernil
I also make turkey burgers seasoned with all of the stuff I'd use for kalbi or bulgogi, plus raw red onion and poblanos (since they steam when the meat cooks and keep the burger moist) and freeze them to throw on the grill to take for lunch. With all the yummy flavors in there, I don't mind not eating the bun! And yes, when eating cold for lunch, I prefer turkey :eek:
Actually, now that I think about it, I use meat from Costco for all of these. Less expensive and better quality than the grocery store. Sure, I'd love to get organic, grass fed beef from whole foods, but can't afford it!

Beer brawts
Tuna with pickles
Carne asada

Chicken fajita meat mixed with sour cream and green taco sauce and cheeeese!

I made some chicken breasts with artichoke: one stick of butter, fresh garlic sautéed, chop and add can of quartered artichoke hearts, salt pepper, little half and half to make creamy, Parmesan cheese, Bacon!!.... My DH said it was the BEST THING I've ever made him!

I loved boiled cow liver with salt. This amazes anyone who knows how picky I am with food. I've NEVER mixed cereal and milk in my life but I'll eat liver or liverwurst sandwiches.
Chicken wings with BBQ sauce
Beef Stroganoff with egg noodles for extra protein.

prime rib
filet mignon
oh and I had this crazy expensive (not me buying :) ) egg with truffle oil thing in Upscale Puglian Italian restaurant-wow
marinated grilled chicken (wine, paprika, fresh parsley, garlic, salt, pepper marinate overnight then grill)
bacon -my coworkers think i am bat shit crazy since i eat bacon eggs everyday for breakfast-yes for years everyday
ribeye
marinated grilled pork
cheeseburger with lettuce, onion, tomato, ketchup, mustard

Latest posts

Back