Me, One Year After Surgery

Thanks for sharing your blog! Great story and I am happy for your mom as well!

Must admit when I saw the first post about the wedding gown me first thought was that my LDS friends should see this. Many of them had a hard time finding an acceptable dress. Then I realized...that's exactly what you were doing! The Mission gave it away! I lived in Salt Lake for a long time!

I think there is a huge market for wedding gowns that fit regular American women. Almost all the gowns are made in Asia and the sizes are just hurtful. I went shopping once with a friend who was an 8/10 and she had to try on size 20. I think she finally bought an 18! Plus, many women would like a dress with a little more coverage!

Thanks for sharing your blog! Great story and I am happy for your mom as well!

Must admit when I saw the first post about the wedding gown me first thought was that my LDS friends should see this. Many of them had a hard time finding an acceptable dress. Then I realized...that's exactly what you were doing! The Mission gave it away! I lived in Salt Lake for a long time!

I think there is a huge market for wedding gowns that fit regular American women. Almost all the gowns are made in Asia and the sizes are just hurtful. I went shopping once with a friend who was an 8/10 and she had to try on size 20. I think she finally bought an 18! Plus, many women would like a dress with a little more coverage!

Thanks so much for your encouragement!!

All of our wedding dresses are custom made according to actual measurements, so no one's ever a size number. It's so easy for a number to make us feel awful about ourselves, but it's true! All throughout high school I starved myself to be a size 8, because 10 was a double digit number. How stupid of me!

We are all about empowering women wherever they're at. Thanks again for your encouragement and spreading the word! :)

Latest posts

Back