Mayo Clinic

feeder

Anyone here live in Rochester Minnesota? My appointments at the clinic are form Sept. 2-5. Driving from Indiana. What a roller coaster just getting the appointments. Took almost 3 months. Between the doctors office, insurance, and Mayo's new protocol as to how they take patients it has been like the old movie, who's on first?

Me! Well, very near Rochester, MN. The Mayo is great, it will be worth the hassle. However, do not be surprised if your appointment isn't on time and you wait around a little.

Hey girl, are you just right out of surgery? Hope you are recovering good. Have not posted here for a long time and when I came back to see you responded I looked up your surgery date and wow! You are a trooper. If you and anyone else would like to get together that week of Sept. 2-5 for dinner it sure would be nice meeting new people. Did you have your DS at Mayo?

Hi! Yes, just a week and a day out of surgery! So far I'm feeling awesome, off pain meds, walking, sipping, and healing. I would be up for something the week of Sept. 2-5 I will still be off work so I'm pretty open and flexible. Would love for others to join, I love meeting new people. I did not have my DS done at the Mayo. The Mayo is actually not considered a center of excellence in bariatric surgery, so my insurance would not cover it. I ended up going to the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis. Dr. Daniel Leslie was my surgeon.

Everything okay that you have to go to the Mayo?

Oh wow, you are a newbie. Good to hear you are doing good at 8 days out. My youngest daughter who is your age and has a 8yr. old son had the DS about a year ago and has had no complications. So glad you have your mom and dad to help you out. We helped our daughter for the first 6 months but she lives right next door. The dehydration was something she had to keep up on just could not let her guard down. She also had to get on a PPI and stay on it for about 8 months for nausea. She is finally off of it. She was a LW, hit normal bmi fast, and is living life. I was so scared for her but it was her life and I supported her. She has a longer CC, 125 and that works for her.

I am almost 7 years out of my DS. From the get go I knew things were not right but I have worked it the best I can. Will be returning to Mayo to find some answers and get a updated treatment plan. Will be seen in Hemo, GI, Endo, autoimmune department. Not all of this is DS related but some of the problems are. My daughter keeps telling me she feels so sorry for me. I on the other hand am glowing on the inside with peace because her DS brought her back to life. I tell her when my health is better there will be a game change for me too. Her generation just wants things now, I on the other hand can sit in the stillness for a very long time.

I do remember several people having their DS at Mayo Clinic when I was there 3yrs. ago. If my mind servers me and most the time it does not, 2 gentleman in their 50's cash paid and said they were very happy with Mayo and their after care. They do have a support group for DS post op's so I have been told. They lived in state. So lets do a call out on other boards and see if we can get something going. PM me for dates.

Yikes! I hope all the issues you have been having get figured out! Did you have your DS done at the Mayo Clinic?

I do know several people that have had the weight loss surgery the DS included at the Mayo. I do think even a year ago they were consider a CE in bariatric however when I started the process again ( I started it over a year and half ago once and chickened out) I was told the weren't a CE for this type of surgery anymore and my insurance wouldn't cover it. I was a bit disappointed to be honest, as it is so close to me and now I have to drive about an hour and half each way for appointments ( I know it could be worse though). I will send you a PM for dates! Hopefully we can get a few more to meet up with us as well. I probably won't be able to eat much as I believe I will just be starting the soft food stage at that time ( I hope I'm that far at least)

Hilary1617- Thanks! I am glad things are going so well also. I have been able to get 60-90 ounces in daily so far. The first couple days it was EXTEREMLY hard to get in 60 though, each day I get better and better. My water bottle is constantly with me. My son keeps trying to steal drinks from it and I keep telling him.. "Don't do that get your own glass! I need to know how much I drink!!"

Latest posts

Back