Low total carb high fat protein bars..

conceit

Baroness
Hey everybody,
Do you have any favourite protein bars that are low in total carbs (12 or less), high fat and high protein?

I tried the Atkins Endulge, and while it didn't spike me, I don't like maltilol. It caused bloating. In the evenings, I feel like eating a high protein low carb snack. I started metformin, and it's messing with my tastebuds. I have this metallic taste in my mouth, and I now hate the taste of pork rinds (which I used to love) and cheese. I know it'll get better as my body adjusts to the medicine. But I get hungry in the evening and don't seem to have many low carb high protein snack options. I fry some bacon and have a scrambled egg. I drink almond milk with a greens powder. Ham makes me nauseous.

I need more variety...

I love coconut and chocolate, so that flavour of Atkins Endulge bars was good. I am just wondering if you have any favourite protein bars that are low carb, so I can try other ones. So far I've found Suzie's high fat bars (have erythritol and are 12 grams of total carbs iirc) and Kind bars. Kind bars are higher carb than I'd like, though. I've ordered a few different flavours of Suzie's bars.

I have a friend who eats “dang” bars and loves them

I like the power crunch bars. They aren’t crazy high protein, but I can a fault get the whole bar in before losing interest unlike some of the more dense bars

If you don’t have issues with dairy- Ricotta cheese can be a great snack- I’ll add a tiny bit of sweet and then some cocoa or chocolate protein powder. You can mix in some coconut too.

I will also sometimes make fudge out of protein powder. https://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipe...-peanut-butter-protein-fudge-nut-free-option/

This gives me a chance for variety. Sometimes putting peppermint oil in, nuts vs no nuts, I’ve done some with orange extract. All sorts of options

Latest posts

Back