Longer common channel

Soontobelovely

Post-op day # 4 and feeling fine.
Question: I have a longer common channel due to low bmi and only 70# to loose and I assume that because of the longer channel, the standard fat and protein daily intake guidelines may not apply to me as I absorb more than lets say someone with a 100cm channel. If so and if you were in my shoes, how many fat/protein gram would you shot for on a daily basis? I know this is a prematureq question being only 4 days out but I am curious. Thx

Question: I have a longer common channel due to low bmi and only 70# to loose and I assume that because of the longer channel, the standard fat and protein daily intake guidelines may not apply to me as I absorb more than lets say someone with a 100cm channel. If so and if you were in my shoes, how many fat/protein gram would you shot for on a daily basis? I know this is a prematureq question being only 4 days out but I am curious. Thx
What are you limb lengths - AL, CC & BPL? Common channel alone doesn't give a complete picture so for you to fully understand your DS you need a copy of your operative report if you haven't already got it. If you don't have it I would send an email right now requesting the report.

Again, please remember that BMI/weight has been shown to have no correlation to small bowel length, but small bowel length has been shown to have a correlation to height.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24861190

RESULTS:
Small bowel length was found to vary widely between individuals (average 998.52 cm, range 630-1510 cm). Linear regression analysis demonstrated a statistically significant relationship between small bowel length and height (regression coefficient = 0.0561, P-value = 0.0238). A linear relationship between small bowel length and weight or BMI was not observed.

Regarding fat, there is not daily intake guideline other than you should avoid overly fatty foods early on because it will be rough on your stomach. After you are further out you can adjust your fat intake personally based off your BM's....to frequent and you may need to reduce fat, constipated you probably need more fat.

Protein - You are still going to be protein first focused and that target would be the same as any DS patient......Protein should comprise the lion's share of your food consumption as that is how a DS'r needs to eat to be healthy.

Wrong assumption. Only had 68 lbs to lose...my common channel is 175 and I eat like all DS'ers do...protein and fat first. My starting BMI was 35.2 and I got to goal in 7 months.

Latest posts

Back